Comprehensive list of Record shops in Ireland (all island) 2016 (1 Viewer)

The Record Spot/Rage will not becreipening in it's current "spot". They're continuing mailorder and looking for somewhere new.

I'll be totally honest here. I've been waiting on a record player from them for the last 2 weeks and the selfish part of me is wondering if this is going to hold it up more.

I'll be totally honest here. I've been waiting on a record player from them for the last 2 weeks and the selfish part of me is wondering if this is going to hold it up more.

Exact same issue. Invalid tracking number, delayed dispatch, etc. They said I'd have it today. Courier en route so I hope its the turntable and not something else I've forgotten I've ordered online...

I don’t think the tracking numbers are invalid, I think they’re preallocated but don’t ‘activate’ until the package is scanned in an An Post facility. It’s the same deal with tracking amazon deliveries - you get the an post tracking number immediately but the an post system says it’s invalid until they have it.

The last time I was in that RAGE place they looking for €40 for a beat up copy of Strange days by the doors.
"Its a first pressing" I was told.
It looked a gang of cats had a go at it,

Exact same issue. Invalid tracking number, delayed dispatch, etc. They said I'd have it today. Courier en route so I hope its the turntable and not something else I've forgotten I've ordered online...
It should be the record player. Have to say, got it set up last night. It sounds fucking sweet

It should be the record player. Have to say, got it set up last night. It sounds fucking sweet

Excellent, happy days!

Mine arrived yesterday by courier. Really happy with it. I guess with their move to new premises their dispatches were delayed (fair enough). Have ordered from their website in the past and always found them super helpful and friendly. Pretty sound of them to send it out via courier when originally it would have gone out by post. Probably cost them an extra few shillings to do so. Anyway, stoked with my new turntable, stoked for you too!

until about ten years ago there were good deals to be had on old vinyl
in Dublin town.

i remember the first time i was in R.A.G.E. getting the 2nd MAIDEN LP for
8 Euro in and several other punk new wave era records for less than than that.

i also got the first two VOIVOD albums for 10 Euro each in Spindizzy about
the same time.

and back in the 90's i bought many old LP's for about £5 that cost well over
twice that on CD (and were then out of print on vinyl).

i later saw one of the VOIVOD LP's i mentioned in R.A.G.E. about five years ago
for 30 Euro.

i haven't bought an LP in a shop in Dublin for a long time.

best shops R.I.P. ever in Dublin IMO:

INTO THE VOID (early 2010's ?) off Aungier Street
i was only in there once but spent a lot of money.
great selection of underground metal, grind, hardcore etc.
at mostly very cheap prices.
loads of stuff i never expected to see in a shop
(saw a huge amount of stuff i had sent away for)
e.g. big selection of Hell's Headbangers vinyl.

i in Dublin only 2 or 3 when ITTV was open i have to say.

MERO's /REJECTED @ Secret Bookshop where Freebird is now (circa 2000-2004)
much the same as above but for punk/HC instead of metal.

he also had a black / death metal section and some of my friends
not into punk couldn't believe how cheap it was.

both shops went out on a limb to do something different and sadly
there wasn't enough interest to keep going.

i never had much affinity with the long running shops.
they had some good used stuff but rarely stocked new stuff i was interested in.

i still think spindizzy is the best shop in town. tower is pretty decent for new stuff, and rage has its moments. again, i hope there are shops remaining when the shops open again...

RIP:

freakout records - mid-90's basement shop near enough to grogan's there. a bit pricey for the time, but unlike anything that had been in dublin up to that point (during my time, at least). they must have gone abroad and gathered stock because there were a lot of american pressings. all sorts of pysch and reggae is what i particularly remember. blew my mind when i went in there for the first time.

the old freebird - under the bus stop shop on the quays. first stop every saturday for me. great bargains to be had because the records were pretty much always the same price, rare or not. many's a great record picked up in that place

dtk, tag, comet, abbey disks, borderline, virgin megastore

I dont remember the last time I went record shopping in dublin looking for a particular new release and found it.

Increasingly common for me to look in all the dublin shops and find nothing of interest new or used.

forgot about Freakout they had very good stock alright but it was expensive
so i never bought much there. not a place you would get a bargain..

to be fair i live 150 km from Dublin so i rarely go there for any reason other
than to go to a gig.

in the 1990's and 2000's most people didn't give a shit about vinyl so
used vinyl was dirt cheap.

Freak out would have got a lot more money from me only that after watching me dig through a pile of records I'd ask a price and then be told they were not for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back