Compare bandwidth speeds (help)? (1 Viewer)

Ferox13

Having a lot of trouble with my NTL broadband at the moment. Guy cam to fix it today - it works now but I checked the speed on a bandwidth test side and it was pretty low.

I'm using this site: Speedtest.net

I'm meant to have a 25 Mb line but I'm getting this:

1856520210.png

Anyone else what to try this out - I want to see if that site is accurate.
I swear I remember getting 20+ a week or 2 ago.

Thanks.

I'm on 25Mb in D15, right now I'm getting 23.41Mb download and 2.48Mb upload, which is normal, you'd expect it to be a little below the top figure. But I've noticed myself at different times of day that the download rate can plummet to similar rate as you're getting, with no rhyme or reason to it. There isn't supposed to be any such thing as a 'contention ratio' on fibre optic broadband (or at least UPC advertises as such).

I'm on 25Mb in D15, right now I'm getting 23.41Mb download and 2.48Mb upload, which is normal, you'd expect it to be a little below the top figure. But I've noticed myself at different times of day that the download rate can plummet to a similar rate as you're getting, with no rhyme or reason to it. There isn't supposed to be any such thing as a 'contention ratio' on fibre optic broadband (or at least UPC advertises as such).

Having a lot of trouble with my NTL broadband at the moment. Guy cam to fix it today - it works now but I checked the speed on a bandwidth test side and it was pretty low.

I'm using this site: Speedtest.net

I'm meant to have a 25 Mb line but I'm getting this:

1856520210.png

Anyone else what to try this out - I want to see if that site is accurate.
I swear I remember getting 20+ a week or 2 ago.

Thanks.

Are you connected via wireless? If so try it connect with the LAN cable instead

Yeah I am on wireless but I also tested it wired. Its back up to 20mb down now..very weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back