college advice (2 Viewers)

sarah

Website
www.flickr.com
hey there,

I'm just starting a course, but this year we have to choose a mandatory broad curriculum subject as part of our main degree from an unrelated discipline.
As I'm already going to be doing a language module for extra cred I want something that's as easy going as possible.

I've narrowed it down to an environmental themed one, which looks interesting and fairly relaxed work load wise as it's continual assessment.

Or a film theory which is only two essays, but lots of film screenings and stuff and on paper sounds great... have any of you studied film theory is it very dreary??
I find analysing and tearing apart literature a bit tedious so thought I might struggle similarly with film... advice gratefully accepted!

environmental..i did geography as a module in college score 80-95% consistently , very very easy and surprisingly interesting

environmental..i did geography as a module in college score 80-95% consistently , very very easy and surprisingly interesting

cool I'd already made that choice! reckoned the film one would be full of waffle and crap, sure I can rent out the movies on my own.:)

Oh I can I kinda hijack this thread a bit..

But how do the grant people monitor your attendence?

I was told that they do today, after i'd missed three days already....

They tried handing out attendance sheets when I was an undergrad, however the improbably high numbers of Mickey Mice and Adolf Hitlers signing up ended this venture reasonably quickly.

On the subject of courses, whatever you do, dont do Chemistry.
Chemistry is fucking ridiculous.

i know in teacher training colleges its quite strict..sweetie was only telling me today its because loads of people dropped out and still got grants for a year..so now they are pretty strict on college attendance..

i did geography in first year of my arts degree. one of the lecturers sent an attendance sheet around every class and after a while called in those of us with a poor attendance record and told us she could ensure we got shite third year work/erasmus places if we didnt buck up so i dropped geography in second year

Yeah, we sign a thing ever morning. Im doing a portfolio course thing. I read on some website that you can only miss 6 days in any given month, just wanna know if its true so I can stop a panicing.

Yeah, we sign a thing ever morning. Im doing a portfolio course thing. I read on some website that you can only miss 6 days in any given month, just wanna know if its true so I can stop a panicing.

6 days a month would be over a quarter of all your classes yeah?

Not that it should matter THAT much, I missed a lot of classes in first year and my friends missed LOOOOADS more

Eh I dunno, but like I havent fucked it up missing three days already have I? The fucking thing hasnt been paid out yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back