Collective practice-space (1 Viewer)

CEREMONIALDEATH said:
i'd defo be in but...i'd leave my 4x12 for people to use but not my head (when i get it fixed that is)
sooo gear could be a hass if people are scabby (protective) fucks like me.
how does the general portobello area suit everyone? deadly!!!

andrew

I also would not leave my amp heads,cabs no problem though.

i think its been talked about for too long to not do it after this many people(probably most of the people who talked about it in the first place) so evryone get lookin

i'd say up around north wall might be the best spot there are a fair few warehouses up that direction and it might suit both the emigrated from the southside punks and also those that stayed 'true'.

tis a good idea anyway, bit more people interested than there were in my attempted P.O. Box collective! (anyone interested at all? c'mon!)

sounds like you have too many pple already!. wanted to get the ball rolling on this ages ago but couldn't. basically you would have 7 evenings and 2 weekend afternoons to work with so you would need 5/6 max individuals (not bands-too messy) who are totally trustworthy and solvent to make it work, that part of the whole deal will be the hardest part but best of luck

tommytrousers said:
sounds like you have too many pple already!. wanted to get the ball rolling on this ages ago but couldn't. basically you would have 7 evenings and 2 weekend afternoons to work with so you would need 5/6 max individuals (not bands-too messy) who are totally trustworthy and solvent to make it work, that part of the whole deal will be the hardest part but best of luck
Truesay you TT. its all about the solvency $$$$$
Ching Ching you what I mean!

tommytrousers said:
you would need 5/6 max individuals (not bands-too messy) who are totally trustworthy and solvent to make it work, that part of the whole deal will be the hardest part but best of luck

My old band shared a space near North Strand with a bunch of other bands. worked fine for a while but then we noticed that we were the only ones leaving money there for the rent and the guy in charge( alan you cunt) stopped collecting it.

So one evening arriving for practice we noticed that a van was parked up against the door so we couldn't get in. A call to Alan( you complete and utter cunt) assured us everything was ok, not to worry about it.

The following weeknd we turned up again but this time the whole practice room was empty! everything gone!carpets! lighting! my amp head and cab!

Another call to Alan( i hate you) assured us that the landlord had our stuff and was pissed off he hadn't gotten rent( he had from us but not anyone else) I told Alan( worse than shit) that I wanted my stuff back- he said I would definately get it back, not to worry- i wasn't complety reassured.

That was a couple of years ago now and many many calls to Alan( lying little fuck)being given shortshrift from the harsh woman with the phone-voice who lives with him( "Oh alan-I'll protect you from the nasty man you screwed ") and much frustration, i never got my stuff back.

It wasnt much but it cost about £250, the amp head I had since I was 16- to me it was irreplacable

We should have been a lot smarter I know but, well we weren't.

So the moral is Alan is a cunt and just be careful who you get into this type of deal with

cunt
:mad:

who is this alan dude?
didnt other bands lose equipment and all blamed each other (jimmy cake?)
its also not true that youse were the only ones leaving rent (we always did)

fucking nearly died in that gaff so many times anyway, u should have called down to alan in person with a few mates..

"damo i think i just saw a rat"
"awoooooooooo!!"

i always brought my head with me and took it home
didn't the drum kit (john dermody's?) end up in a skip?
we didn't even have any contact for an alan, how did we get in there damo?
i remember calling to JDs house a few times to pick up a key or summthin
but yeah, we defo always left money
i remember when the van / whatever was parked in front of the door - me, damo and steve somehow managed to move it so we could get in with our gear. tougher than we look!

andrew

Alan was the guy who we were told was the liaison with the land lord.
Were you there too? All I remember is some crowd called Rae(?) and The Dead Plants.
It was a shit hole alright but It could have been great.
Did anyone else who lost equipment ever get it back/batter Alans head in?

didn't the drum kit (john dermody's?) end up in a skip?

I think the drum kit had belonged to Skint but was ... confiscated when they stopped paying the rent- thats what I heard anyway

Who got the hammond organ?

hmmm i don't remember any hammond organ but i remember paul smyth (who defo used that space with dee dermody) owning and losing a hammond organ...maybe not related.

re: rats - whatever, it's not like weils disease ever hurt anyone!

andrew

one time when i worked in A&E this guy came into the hospital, he had had a tiny cut on his arm, and he'd been getting his golf ball out of a ditch, a couple fo days later his arm swelled, up, he was tested and they said he must have come in contact with rat urine in the ditch, his blood was posioned and they hads to amputate the arm, but it was too late and the disease spread, he slipped into a coma and died a couple of weeks later.

moral of the story: rats will fuck you up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back