Collective practice-space (1 Viewer)

Willie Willions

Since 2000
Ok, I think the current situation of paying loadsa dosh for fuck all time in shitty practice rooms on shitty equipment has gone on too long. I don't think it would be too hard to rent a warehouse-type place, fixing it up, etc, for a collective practice-space. I'm starting looking into somewhere to rent, if theres enough bands involved it'll be cheapo to rent and won't take long to get sorted. Whose with me?!?!

Great idea.... its ridiculous paying something like €60 for four hours in a place where you cant leave your gear/ feel safe/ feel comfortable...... Im with you.

Serpents have been talking for ages about how we need to get our own practice space. I'd say we'd be up for suchlike also.

I think this has been everyone's wish for a long time.. I really hope it can happen too.. But there's plenty of work involved and lotsa things that could go wrong with it too... (gah, sorry for being neg.)

€70 for 5hours in loops. and the stoned guy is rude cunt.

I'd love to get some sort of collective practice space going on..

Yeah, Ive actually noticed that- the same as most people that work in Music Maker or whatever- they're all dicks. "I know more than you. About everything." fuck off...

do-it-do-it-do-it-do-it-do-it-do-it.

It'd be fuckin brilliant if you did. Having private unlimited practise space here has totally changed my life, mental state, everything, playing music is the best thing in the fuckin world and it deserves the respect a private practise space gives it!

Great idea should be able to work with all the bands on here.

Good luck.

Govern!? GOVERN!?

OUT!!

Nah though, you just work out a regular time between the bands when each practises, if that doesn't work you compromise...if there's too many bands you sort out another space too, or two rooms in one space...

yeah, cool! we've been talking about this for ages, kinda worried that there wouldn't be enough interest, this thread proves me wrong! maybe we could all get together (in real life) to try and get things started- looking for suitable space, it'll probably take a bit of cash first of all - rent (maybe a month + deposit), then soundproofing, etc... i'd defo leave my bass amp there, and i think we could sort out the rest of the equipment between us..
do people want to meet up?

i'd defo be in but...i'd leave my 4x12 for people to use but not my head (when i get it fixed that is)
sooo gear could be a hass if people are scabby (protective) fucks like me.
how does the general portobello area suit everyone? deadly!!!

andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back