Coldspoon Album Release (7/11) and Launch Gig (29/11) (1 Viewer)

coldspoon con

hey all,

our first album (after 3 long years!) 'Plays Well With Others' will be out from next Friday 7th November 2003.
expect to find it in Road, Tower, City Discs initially, and hopefully more afterwards.

we're 'launching' it in The Village on Saturday 29th November, with support from Waiting Room and Warlords of Pez.
Admission will be 8 euro, doors at 8.30 or something...
we'll be flogging the album on the night, of course

The Coldspoon Conspiracy
The Coldspoon Conspiracy release their first full length album ‘Plays Well With Others’ on November 7th 2003 through Greyslate/Vernacular Records. The album, recorded and mixed over 3 days by Rob Bochnik (who has previously engineered albums by Smog, The Breeders and Shellac), is a culmination of 3 years of hard work, following packed gigs and festival appearances around the country, as well as shows in the UK and the US. The much anticipated album has been preceded by a sold out 7” EP ‘Hopelessly Naïve’ (2001), and several tracks on much sought after compilations. It is the first recording by the band’s current line-up of Pat Cannon (vocals, guitar), Darren Craig (guitar), Ronan Jackson (bass) and Peter Lee (drums).
On ‘Plays Well With Others’, the band augmented their guitar/bass/drums sound with splashes of vibraphone, keyboards and piano, making for a richer, fuller sound. The album is being given a joint release by Greyslate Records (home to Dublin instrumental geniuses The Redneck Manifesto and The Connect 4 Orchestra) and new Dublin label Vernacular Records, and will be supported by live appearances around the country in the coming months.

Waiting Room
Hailing from Cork, Waiting Room deliver a unique sound that comfortably slides and cuts through genres with an infectiously catchy laid back air. Intricate guitar playing and soft affecting vocals are perfectly complimented by a tight, meandering rhythm section and sweet teasing cello lines. Waiting Room have just finished recording a follow up to their 2001 debut 'losing patience', which was very much a mellow indie pop record.
The last year or so has seen Waiting Room embrace the like of Fugazi and Mogwai to showcase the full scope of their talents. 'Part post-rock, part indie-rock, part pop sensibilities', the new record is much more diverse and adventurous affair, moving from abrasive post-rock instrumentals to soft melodic rock, and with their inclusion on the 'Foggy Notions' Compilation, the next year could prove to be a very interesting time for this young band.

Warlords of Pez
Warlords of Pez... Myth
Warlords of Pez... Legends
Warlords of Pez... Zillionaire Space Rockers

As Old as Time. As Powerful as God. No, more Powerful than God. The Warlords - supercool cybernetic constructs who eat lightning and shit magic, are the handiwork of Dr. Burglestein deranged intergalactic genius.

Their Sole Purpose: the annihilation of all intelligent beings unfortunate enough to cross their paths. These handsome hooded anti-heroes by means of their own particular brand of Sonic Terrorism intend to wipe the collective smiles from the faces of ALL MANKIND and bring about the end of civilisation as we know it.

www.thecoldspoonconspiracy.com
www.waitingroomfun.com
www.warlordsofpez.com

cheers, thanks for reading.
hopefully see some of you at the gig.

Rob's a gent! :)
I met him 2 years ago when he was playing with Nad Navillus.
I heard a rumour he's in the frames now as their replacement guitarist for the fella who ran away with gemma hayes? I bet he misses working in electrical audio tho! Does dublin hold up well against chicago??

Sounds like a good time...try to make it down...

BTW The Waiting Room are playing the Menagerie in Belfast on Thur 13th Nov with the mighty Torgas Valley Reds and the legendary Tom Mc Shane

if anyone's interested, you can get a free 2 track album sampler from Road Records as of tomorrow (Sat 1st Nov)

loner deluxe said:
Rob's a gent!

true, he is.

loner deluxe said:
I heard a rumour he's in the frames now as their replacement guitarist for the fella who ran away with gemma hayes?

true also, although i know nothing about the gemma hayes part

loner deluxe said:
I bet he misses working in electrical audio tho!

i think his job is there for him if he wants to go back, but for the moment he's getting paid to tour the world playing the guitar, which is quite the opportunity.

coldspoon con said:
hey all,

our first album (after 3 long years!) 'Plays Well With Others'...
Is title from book of the same name?
Best book I've read this year.|..| ...I'm trying to spread the love.

Good luck with the album.

Igor said:
Is title from book of the same name?

no? :confused:

what's the book?
never heard of it.
tell me more!

Igor said:
In light of the book's subject matter, this was a poor choice of words:eek:

But that's enough of literary digreshuns wha!
...ahem, back to the rock at hand.

just to remind ye folks,

the albums out tomorrow.

big day for us coldspoon kids.

we're going to have a picnic to celebrate

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back