Codex Tour (1 Viewer)

ronan yakuza

Website
www.reverbnation.com
Sorry to be a newsanse like but we're bringing Leeds band Codex over for a quick Irish tour on these dates

Sat 8 March - Heaven 17, Cork *confirmed*

Sun 9 March - High Stool, Limerick *confirmed*

Mon 10 March - Sligo/suggestions?

Tue 11 March - suggestions/Sligo?

Wed 12 March - The Fort, Dungannon

Thurs 13 March - Dublin?

Fri 14 March - Mandela Hall, Belfast *confirmed*

Sat 15 March - Nucleus, Derry

but we're desperately looking for somewhere in Dublin on the 13th and any other places for the 10th/11th (somewhere in Sligo - but where?) We tried Galway but it's not looking good. Any help much appreciated - call me please - 00447905684437

Here's their spiel:

codex
formed (in it's current incarnation) jan 2002

comprising: d-vocals, stewart-guitar/vocals,
jon-bass,
alex-drums

we are based in leeds, west yorkshire
codex has been playing regularly live in leeds since
march 2002.
the band is currently confirming tour dates in
ireland
for early 2003.
the band makes a welcome break from the traditional
all male line up of most indie rock outfits with the
dual vocal approach of d and stewart.
the musical influences include for example: buffy
saint marie, trans am, ikara colt, tristeza,
prolapse,
sonic youth, bilge pump, le tigre, chicks on speed,
jon spencer blues explosion, velvet underground.

a description of the band might read: rhythmic
energetic original rock and roll. incorporating a
double lead vocal style to great effect. original and
tight and a lot of fun.
------------------------------------------------------------

We don't have a link to any songs online I'm afraid, but I can send a CD off to anyone who thinks they can help.

hello

We were going to have these guys on at the Ballroom, but there's been a good few date changes. I have a cd of there's if anyone wants a listen.... they're pretty good - an early nineties Sonic Youth sound.

I was going to try and sort them out with a gig, but Thursday the 13th is also a Ballroom night....

Originally posted by Handsome Gaz
nope, fraid not.

No, no. It is...the Ronan who started THIS thread...that's who I thought I was flirting with. Now Gaz, I'm happy to keep flirting with you, but I don't want to put you off or anything.

Gotta fly, MJ's defense video starts at 9 and I gotta get the 130 out to Clontarf. Have to watch someone weirder than me.

Rock,

Thomas

Originally posted by stunning
No, no. It is...the Ronan who started THIS thread...that's who I thought I was flirting with. Now Gaz, I'm happy to keep flirting with you, but I don't want to put you off or anything.

Gotta fly, MJ's defense video starts at 9 and I gotta get the 130 out to Clontarf. Have to watch someone weirder than me.

Rock,

Thomas

What?
Elaborate please...
:confused:

Originally posted by Knacker
If you like good old fashioned alt-rock, you should go to Yakuza and Codex. That'll be a cracker.

Billy,

I'd love to go but I think I've freaked out Ronan to the point that the barring order application will be in full swing by then and I probably won't be allowed in Belfast at that point.

Originally posted by Knacker
I was going to try and sort them out with a gig, but Thursday the 13th is also a Ballroom night....

Billy WTF? Were ye going to tell us about this any time soon or were we going to turn up at the music room on the 13th and be informed by the friendly locals? I'm very disappointed in you. :rolleyes:

Re: Come one come all...

Originally posted by Alt Ulster
The Belfast leg of the Codex tour will be great, if anyone would like to come up to Belfast for it they would be more than welcome.

I agree. Not only will get to witness fantastical music talent, but the most handsome man in Belfast will be there too.

Anything going on in Belfast this weekend? I'm seeing a play at the Lyric on Saturday night...will probably end up at that cool, dirty, underground rock place with like 5 rooms of different music or something. What's that place called?

Oh, if anyone has any suggestions let me know.

Thanks,

Thomas

OK, we are desperate to get a gig or 2 for Mon 10 and/or Tue 11 March now, Thurs 13 has been accepted as a day off, but is there any chance at all of at least getting Codex on the bill (or even getting one organised specially like) of any gigs in Dublin for either Mon 10 or Tue 11, please?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back