Clothes and haircuts (1 Viewer)

Me and @george mcfly on the town

stevensterl_onemagicn_101b.jpg

Damn right.

€10 -€15 is about normal

Is
I find barbers are all about expectations. Just going for blade cut? €8 is what I'd pay and expect it to be over in 10 mins. Going for a blade on sides/back and some non-complicated scissor trimming on the top? I'd pay €10-€15. Need something a little fancier where you can be confident the barber will know his shit & hopefully do a really good job? I'd pay €30-€40 but there better be a hair wash thrown in and the whole job should last about 45 mins.

The best barber I've been to was a Turkish one down the end of Manor St in Stoneybatter almost next to the turn to the Joinery / Arbour Hill. Used a bare hot towel shtyle razor on the the of my neck, took at least 30mins and was about €12. I'll be going back next time I have the opportunity

The best barber I've been to was a Turkish one down the end of Manor St in Stoneybatter almost next to the turn to the Joinery / Arbour Hill. Used a bare hot towel shtyle razor on the the of my neck, took at least 30mins and was about €12. I'll be going back next time I have the opportunity

Jaysus I might give that a go next time, though I was delirah with the job the lady in Sam's Barber on Prussia St did.

Abso. There's a sign in the salon in work. Men $12, Women $25
Where else would you get it?
Well women do get paid twice as much as men.

Turkish lads on the Main Street are €15 for the same treatment (including a head massage at the end).

These guys are solid. 40 years of experience. .
Don't be fooled by that. A barbershop celebrating a similar anniversary prompted me to start this thread

Unsatisfactory Haircuts | thumped.com

Also, the local one here (which I've just decided is unsatisfactory) recently had a celebration of 50 years. I entered their competition for a hamper of hair care products for men but I didn't win so fuck them.

Speaking of hair care products - my father, who still has a full head of hair at 76, keeps asking me do I want to try this expensive looking hair-thickening snakeoil he just happens to have.

€14 for a cut from inner city hipster types beside store st.
€0 for Eds to cut off the annoying fringe I'd been left with a couple of weeks later.

that's me done with haircuts till next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back