Clash to reform (2 Viewers)

reeks of shite
bollocks to this. at least tim armstrong has plenty of experience of imitating joe strummer..

Please God, don't let it be true. If it is it rates up there with 'really bad ideas by the Clash' such as firing Jones, Headon and the production on the Cut The Crap LP.

EDIT: if it does happen then Simonon will be the only member to have played at every gig, bizarre.

" There was one historical period when the Clash happened," quipped Armstrong, "and another where Green Day, Rancid, and the Offspring happened.

That says everything why NOT to go or for it to happen.

Joe Strummer was The Clash...without him its a pointless exercise...even if he was alive a 2005 reformed line up could not compare to the original spirit of '77...better to leave the legacy warts n all intact.

I saw em play after Mick Jones was kicked out twice in the SFX and they were not a patch on 77 Clash who I was never lucky enough to see but have had plenty of bootlegs and seen vids from that time, so in no way would they be any use now.

Novelty value maybe though and every Punk band from years ago are doing it now.

yeah the clash without joe strummer is a bit like when the dead kennedys played here minus jello biafra a few years back, utterly pointless, i dont mean to downplay the other musicians but characters like joe strummer and jello biafra really make a band, tis bollox!zed

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back