Cinema Releases Reviewed On The Net (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter ron
  • Start date
  • Replies 5
  • Views 1K
  • Watchers 0

ron

Anyone recommend a good reliable site that reviews the latest gen releases as well as your IFC type flics?
Cheers

the onion av club:

http://www.theonionavclub.com/avclub3812/cinema3812.html

usually think their reviews are pretty good.

i also like imdb.com - get reviews by just ornary folk

morgen-vox (09 Apr, 2002 06:01 p.m.):
how about
www.thinkforyourself.fuck.com

okay, maybe i was a little harsh. so to help you out, im going to think for you! starting today, this thread is going to become the website you dream of. the following is my first contribution:

"i dont give a FUCK what you say...
.....final destination was one of the best films (sharp intake of breath) ever! what a surprise then to see the makers of that film churning out something as hhhhhorrible as 'the one' starring jet li. the film, as you'd expect, incorporates the shakesperean archetypes of revenge and wife-killing. kudos. but all this is undone by a horribly incomprehensible script about multi-verses or some shit and also jet li, an acknowledged bad actor and crap martial artist. Have you not seen once upon a time in china? Fortunately we have the excellent jason statham (lock, stock... and snatch) delivering a perfectly judged performance to make up for li's inability as a human. This critic was amazed at the depth of his performance as he bawls at his superior officer "that order is BULLSHIT!" in a perfect american accent. I'm gonna put my neck on the line right now and say that this kid is on a one way train to stardom-town (quarter block past bargaintown). BAck to li though: the shot where he squashes the cop wielding 2 motorcycles as you would cymbals is obvioulsy the result of some digital jiggery-pokery. Typical of jet's arms not to be strong enough to do the stunt for real.
not as good then, as the excellent romeo must die, but also, by extension, not as .......BEAUTIFUL.

eh, i think you really missed the point of "the one" there morgen, you see.... it's just post modern victorian educational value systems encompassed by an overwhelming sense of the sound of sour cream and onion pringles focused through the ever expanding canyon of my larynx while simultaneously nodding at episode 5f7b of moecia (the one where she rides tony rich of the tony rich project fame, who is, contrary to popular belief, NOT the same person as babyface or the lead singer from uk r'n'b phenomenon- damage).
in conclusion, file under COMEDY, ....right next to salo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back