christmas exhibition - thoughts pleez (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
i've been thinking maybe it would be fun to have some thumped photography to colour the walls of wherever we end up having the christmas party.
what think ye people?
was thinking people could submit their fave pic they've taken or take one with a christmas theme (moose's idea)

and then we could have some on de walls. well? yay or nay?

Btw I can print up to about 20*16(roughly A3) on the cheap.

true - but they wouldnt be framed or anything and that so i guess people wont mind!! as long as people arent going out of their way to ruin them i dont think contributer would mind too much? would be nice to have a platform for thumped photography i think :)

I'll check the exact cost of printing but I think it's about 2-3 euro each so something like ten photos between the same amount of people wouldn't be a huge loss if they were to get ruined.

If they were mounted on some kinda card(mount board even) I can't see anyone going out of their way to ruin them.

wanna get more people's opinions on the theme first. christmas is fitting but seems a little limiting - when you think of the amount of stuff on here. i was personally hoping people would choose to submit the photo they like the most from what they've done. but that's just what i was thinking. we should wait to hear what otehr people think abotu a theme too...

I dont think yous need a theme as such. the standard of most of the stuff i've seen is engaging enough without needing a context.

You can get boxes of perspex frames for pretty cheap in most good frame places. they dont cost much and are re-usable. Obviously.

I dont think yous need a theme as such. the standard of most of the stuff i've seen is engaging enough without needing a context.

You can get boxes of perspex frames for pretty cheap in most good frame places. they dont cost much and are re-usable. Obviously.

oh cool. perspex frames would be good.

I think it's a really nice idea! all themes to be included. (prob won't get a chance to contribute meself though) but if other people fancy buying the pics you could throw the resulting money to charity, spread the good cheer.

yeah, i was thinking a charity angle might be nice - may be a bit tricky putting a price on the photos but it's worth a thought :)

charity sounds cool!..

i think the perspex idea ,although a great one, would mean a greater expense just for a one off type thingy.. who would get to re-use them?.. having said that it could turn into a constant thing whereby they are always on show and consistently changing, small print numbers and once costs are covered the rest goes to charity..

two cents.

CHARITY?

I'm outa here.

the charity funds could go to you - unlimited tea, biscuits and cigarettes..and a pair of well insulated ear muffs for your nipper so you can eff and blind at length in her presence without polluting her vocabulary. sold!!!

the charity funds could go to you - unlimited tea, biscuits and cigarettes..and a pair of well insulated ear muffs for your nipper so you can eff and blind at length in her presence without polluting her vocabulary. sold!!!

Alright. I'm back in.

i think the charity idea is a great idea. so the theme is anything, that narrows it downa bit. so how many per person? color or black and white? i love christmas me

one submission each eoghan - the place would be littered with photos if it were more than that!!!

now people if it's gonna be for charity how are we gonna figure out prices and stuff?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back