Chimpanzees 'hunt using spears' (1 Viewer)

I read recently that any animal that is as close as humans and chimps are biologically speaking should be able to interbreed. Some animals are close enough to interbreed, but they produce offspring that can't produce offspring of their own like horses and donkeys, but with humans and chimps it would be a hybrid capable of breeding too. Creeepy...

dream-george-bush.jpg

I know... I know... it's almost to easy... I know... it's not 2003 anymore... we get it he looks like an ape... I know... I'm sorry...

I dunno. People never cease to be amazed about this stuff. But for me I always just think humans are such arrogant fucks.
My fish, no messing *FISH*, are smart. The fly around in their massive tank, watching things. They know when I am trying to catch one of them, or when I am cleaning the tank, or when I am feeding them. They behave completely differently.

They are sitting in there, watching everything that's going on in the room. They will all swim over to one end of the tank to watch us eating dinner.

And these are fish. Little stupid fish.
We are talking about chimps here, we are really close to them by any measure. While we happily plough through differential calculus, we are amazed when these animals poke sticks in holes. Such arrogance.

I just keep on thinking that we seriously underestimate the thinking abilities of all animals on this planet.

Don't worry about it, animals are pure thick so they are.

Absolutely. Don't get me started on the so-called "cunning" foxes. They're the worst of the lot. The day a fox beats me at Street Fighter 2 is the day I hand over the keys to the human race.

:eek: You have the keys to the human race, you probaly shouldn't go round telling too many people.:eek:

And this would be more proof of this idea which is why I find it kinda fascinating.

A mate and I got hunted by wolves one time. (They were in a massive pen, but, the point was sort of proven.)
We walked over to the penned off area of forest, saw nothing.
Stood there for ages, nothing doing.
We turned to leave thinking they must be off, and one stepped out 10m in front of us form behind a tree.
So, we were thinking jaysus. the fucking size of your man, all googly eyed...
Next thing was a snap from our right, as soon as we looked across, other wolves bolted in at us from both directions skirting along the fence.

No questions, they had seen us, split into two groups to try and flank us, while one stood in plain view to distract us. No bullshit. Like, I knew they hunted as a pack, but, like I thought that meant running about together. Not coordinated fucking ambushes. Smart lads.

A mate and I got hunted by wolves one time. (They were in a massive pen, but, the point was sort of proven.)
We walked over to the penned off area of forest, saw nothing.
Stood there for ages, nothing doing.
We turned to leave thinking they must be off, and one stepped out 10m in front of us form behind a tree.
So, we were thinking jaysus. the fucking size of your man, all googly eyed...
Next thing was a snap from our right, as soon as we looked across, other wolves bolted in at us from both directions skirting along the fence.

No questions, they had seen us, split into two groups to try and flank us, while one stood in plain view to distract us. No bullshit. Like, I knew they hunted as a pack, but, like I thought that meant running about together. Not coordinated fucking ambushes. Smart lads.

pfft! They'd obviously seen Jurassic Park, which, by the way, is completely fictional

And owl's are about as wise as my shite.

Here, did you ever see an owl? They look like special effects. Like CGI or something. One flew past me, and didn't make any noise at all. My brain didn't know what was going on, and decided it must be fake somehow.

It's really weird to have something move past you *completely* silently.

I worked in an aquarium for a while and learnt that the Octopus is one of the smartest fucking creatures in the world.

'Octopuses have also been observed in what some have described as play: repeatedly releasing bottles or toys into a circular current in their aquariums and then catching them.[5] Octopuses often break out of their aquariums and sometimes into others in search of food. They have even boarded fishing boats and opened holds to eat crabs.'

The octopus in the aquarium where I was (boston) had several times broken out of its tank, held its breath and climbed into a nearby fish tank, ate a load of expensive fish and then returned to its own tank. Eventually they had to install cameras to find out who it was who was stealing all their fish.

Oi, Andy! Taken out of context that looks bad. You should restrict your comments to the same thread.

Or else*.

*Goff's Solicitor's. Sort of.

Sorry, Goff, you're right - I shouldn't have singled you out

to reiterate, Neilo joins Goff and Mr Pharmacist on the Comprehensive List of Thumped Racists.

That list again:

• Goff
  • Neilo
  • Mr Pharmacist
  • Egg_
  • Goff

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back