Child Friendly / downright hostile (1 Viewer)

Market bar is good in the daytime. Plenty of room good access to the downstairs toilet, lots for kids to look at. Kids will not eat their food though.

Crikey, further to my Austria-lovin' on the travel board, the place is better than just tolerant of kids, they really treat them like little people who have their own interests and are cool and welcome We even saw restaurants that had little miniature kids' tables right next to the full-size grown-up tables, loads of spots had boxes of toys or crayons, and down at floor-level, really inviting kids to play with them (rather than parents having to ask).

The old Cafe Moka in Dun Laoghaire was pretty child-friendly. We used to take my godchild there, and she liked it, and they were great about making her special little babyccinos. Plenty of room for prams. Also, the Dunne and Crescenzi in Sandymount (because it's roomier and a bit less busy than the ones in town) is very welcoming for kids. I think they have high chairs, too, but I'm not 100%.

Pretty much any place run or staffed by Italians (or anywhere in southern/central/eastern Europe) is going to be kid-friendly because they come from a country where it's just the norm to be child-friendly.

I went to Cafe/Bar/Deli on Sat after a day at the zoo, and if was pretty child-friendly I guess but had no place to change a nappy, which was crap

Y'know what was mad? The zoo was full of kids and then when we went into town there were NONE! Just no children anywhere (apart from mine), it was weird. Isabelle was strutting along the footpath beside me wearing her good (but now filthy, after going on slides and picking flowers for the penguins) dress and a young woman noticed her and exclaimed "Oh! Look at that!"

Mao in Dun laoighre is good, nice staff, noodles to wiggle out of kids mouths, used to have a huge aquarium, yum food

Waggama (noisy enough it doesn't matter if your kid is and usually lots of other kids to distract ours)

sitting outside at the bagel place across from the pier in Dun Laoighre - space to run around and taunt pigeons, loads of passersby to watch

any of the restaurants looking at the massive fountain in Dundrum shopping centre - fountain keeps my nippers entertained especially when the wind changes and we all get sprayed

Milanos on the quays is trying to be childfriendly at weekends but noone ever told their waiters that people with kids don't have much time to work with and need something on the table fucking fast - they have a play area on the flooor and crayons but the staff always seem to be sleepwalking and you have to wait ages for stuff

The big restaurant/bar in Dalkey main street that i can't remmeber the name of is the only place i've been downright denied access with kids during the day - it was before i had my own kids, feckers

One day my son was in the Globe with his dad cos they had to meet someone briefly and they were asked to leave cos it was just after 6 o clock or something. So one Saturday recently when me and the young fella were walking by the place he shouted really loudly..."that's that pub i got kicked out of"...loads of passersby gave me the evil eye...*cringe*

Went to Ely on Grand Canal square/dock/whatever yesterday evening with the little one. Was fine. They had a high chair. Were friendly. The place was practically empty though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back