Child Friendly / downright hostile (1 Viewer)

Anthony

Supporter
Since 2000
Solutions
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
Cafes, shops.. places in dublin and beyond....

Friendly: Simon's place, bit arkward with a buggy and food isn't very unsuitable but they are friendly to kids and don't mind the kids eating their own food if the adults are eating.

Hostile: New Chapters Bookshop on Parnell st.
"do you have a toilet here my son can use?" (this can happen at the worst time and come on very quickly)
"ACROSS THE ROAD IN THE ILAC"
Never fucking going in there again

Friendly: Tara hill, cafe and hill
Friendly: Wagamamma

Cafe Bar Deli and Acapulco both on Georges street, both aces

Acapulco were extra deadly, went above and beyond really

not looking forward to the days of no nappies... happening any day now... there will be a thread about it I'm sure... :)

We bring ours more or less everywhere we go. We don't really go anywhere much though. The D hotel in Drogheda is pretty child friendly, but I imagine all hotels have to be. I once declared that there was no way someplace fancy like the Morrison would be child friendly, but Mrs. egg_ disagreed so I rang them up and yes they do have high chairs available in their expensive fancy restaurant

yamamori's pretty good

we tend to go places where they have couch/bench type seating, and space, and not stairs (carrying a double buggy down that stairs in shag your mama is....not good)

drive-throughs are a frequent thing on weekends too....

Hostile: New Chapters Bookshop on Parnell st.

I hate that place anyway. Massive bookshop ..... smells funny ..... nothing decent to buy.

Child friendly places: hmmm ...... anywhere in Barcelona basically.

anyone ever have to deal with wanker bus drivers treating you like a prick because you have a buggy? goddamn i hate dublin bus. on the cafe front most places ive been were alright, so far as having high chairs and the like, very rare that there is room for a buggy though.

anyone ever have to deal with wanker bus drivers treating you like a prick because you have a buggy? goddamn i hate dublin bus.

christ that's a whole seperate thread on it's own... I use dublin bus a lot with the kiddo and it can be a nightmare... most of them will only let one buggy on (though there is clearly enough room for two in that space) too, which on a busy route is a joke... and then when the old buses with the steps turn up!!! Argh!

Though some drivers are total heros and do make a big effort, so like fair play to them too, if you pick your routes carefully it can be okay like

but the stories I could tell... oh boy...

This reply is not about the quality of the food just the places.
wagamama not too bad. best place to bring the kids is enfo, no food but a nice quiet atmosphere in a crazy city.
bilash in clontarf is good as is casa pasta and chinese place on moore street. Bad Ass not too bad, gotham, across from the old mcgonagles, if you can find room. Debenhams restaurant in Jervis Centre is very child friendly (crap food)

wagamama not too bad. best place to bring the kids is enfo, no food but a nice quiet atmosphere in a crazy city.
bilash in clontarf is good as is casa pasta and chinese place on moore street. Bad Ass not too bad, gotham, across from the old mcgonagles, if you can find room. Debenhams restaurant in Jervis Centre is very child friendly (crap food)

Enfo is a favourite spot for my lad too. He goes nuts if we pass the place without going in when we're in town.

The Epicurian Food Hall place on Abbey Street has lots of room for prams and plenty of options of food if you can get your kid to stay in the one place for more than half an hour. Govinda's on the same street has lots of room for prams too, great food, and they don't mind kids at all, same goes for the one on Angier St.

Athena or Iskanders on Dame Street generally have lots of space too and the falafel isn't half bad either, though as often as I ask them in Iskanders, they never put any chilli sauce on my falafel.:mad:

Simons place is grand too but I'd keep we away during the busy hours.

Cornocopia is hell, full stop.

The food part of the Stephens Green Shopping centre is quite open too, though the food isnt all that great.

Acapulco on Georges St. gave us one of the most ignorant receptions ever when we arrived with a pram so fuck those guys!

IFI is also good for a snack when its not too busy, lots of space and they dont seem to mind kids running about too much either once you're keeping a good eye on them.

They're the most easily accessible and child friendly places that I can think of that also have good food. I always try to avoid places with too much cutlery or wine glasses, things that could get knocked over etc...The irony is that places like Burger King and McDonalds are generally the most easily accessible not just for prams, but for wheelchair users aswell.

(If you need to do a quick nappy change somwhere, I'd recommend Brown Thomas. Lots of space to lie your kid down and a sink to wash stuff, a comfy chair for breast feeding too.)

Where/what is Enfo?

I found it ok eating out in Dublin most places are grand to get into with a Buggy and the foods alright most of the time altough back home in Drogheda you have to pick very carefull as some places are too tight a squeeze and dont always provide highchairs

Where/what is Enfo?

It's just around the corner from the Laser that sells dvds as opposed to the one that rents them on the way towards Dame St., just opposite that little camera shop and barbers. It's one fo those little obscure streets that I never know the name of. Chances are, you've probably walked past it a million times and never noticed, as I did for years until someone pointed it out to me.

Basically, its and environmental information centre that also has a large play area for children inside it with lots of toys and crayons and stuff. It's free to use and its a deadly place for your kids to hang out in if you're in town.

That bar in the converted chapel at the top of mary street/henry st. Utter cunts.

"i'm sorry we cant allow children in the outside area or on the main floor, but we can let you downstairs in the basement"

"But is'nt it closed?"

"Yes but we'll open it just for you"

"Get Fucked"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back