Chicago's HOOT NIGHT? In DUBLIN?? (3 Viewers)

stunning

Website
www.hootnight.com
Hey Y'all...

Just a few things before I get into the Hoot Night coming to Dublin stuff!

1) Dudleys...I've got a set of photos from your Chicago gig at Schubas for you.

2) SETTLER's CD Release Party for LIFE UPSTREAM is at Whelan's on Monday, January 20th. More on this later...

3) The SPANKABLE SEX GODDESS HERSELF, Neko Case (Bloodshot Records) is coming to Whelan's on Thursday, January 23rd. Woooooooof! Do not miss this show...she fucking ROCKS ass...in that indie-country way.

4) Donacha, can you get in touch with me. Derek and Mike still haven't given me your email addy. :p

5) Hoot Night is an event/show that's been running every other month in Chicago for over 8 years now. (Selling out regularly for the last 2.5 years.) I hope to put the show up here in Dublin at some point in the next 2 months. Basically, 10 bands play two songs around an assigned theme. We have most of the bands in mind that we'll be asking to play, but we may have room for one or two more at which point we'll be asking for volunteers... We're in the preliminary stages of getting this up right now, but I wanted to put the bug in your ear. To mark the historic occassion, the theme of the first show is scheduled to be Chicago vs. Dublin. Each band will be asked to play a song by a Chicago band as well as a song by a Dublin band, but not one of their own. For now, and for more information about what the heck this is all about, please visit the Hoot Night website at http://www.hootnight.com

Ok, thats it for now.

Happy New Year,

Attachments

• drive.jpg
    drive.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 205
Hey Dudley,

Things are great...oh, and THINGS are great too! Hee hee! Really enjoying Dublin's music scene. Stoat are a particular favorite, as are Capertone (sp? Sorry Mike!) Sorry I missed the Xmas show...I wanted to go, but I was so crazy busy that night.

Saw the lovely Joss at a Ballroom of Romance about a month ago...is he always so NICE? Love him!

Hope to see you out soon and I'll be in touch about the Hoot Night because I'm really hoping you guys will consider playing. You will? Great! Thanks!

Later.

Originally posted by dudley
hey thomas!
good to have you here, how you settling into irish life?

Just some corrections here...

Neko Case is NOT on Bloodshot, she's MATADOR Records.

and...

Donnchadh! I can't believe I spelled your name wrong. Please forgive.

Originally posted by stunning
3) Neko Case (Bloodshot Records) is coming to Whelan's on Thursday, January 23rd.

4) Donacha, can you get in touch with me. Derek and Mike still haven't given me your email addy. :p

looking forward to this hoot night thang, sounds fun

Who, what, when, where

What bands are likely to be playing this thing...is it Settler, Dudleys, Capratone & Stoat or what??

Or is it a trade secret?? until the night?:confused:

Re: Who, what, when, where

Originally posted by DontMugYourself
What bands are likely to be playing this thing...is it Settler, Dudleys, Capratone & Stoat or what??

Or is it a trade secret?? until the night?:confused:

The line up isn't announced until the artists have confirmed their appearance. While all the bands you've mentioned will be invited to perform, I only get to boss around one of them...so I can't say the other three will be there or not. I can say that The Holy Ghost Fathers, Richer Than Astronauts and Glen from the Frames will also be officially invited to perform. The show tries to be as diverse as possible, so I'll be pulling in some acoustic acts from the coffeehouse scene as well for a bit of balance. Also, I couldn't sit through a night of music with just men performing. I need a LOT of women for this so if you know any that know how to do interesting interpretations of other people's music, have them get in touch.

I need to get the performers sorted a bit, and then the venue, and then the date, and then the performers again...

I'll keep y'all posted...but the questions are welcome!

Nighty,

Thomas

So that's where we are.

Re: Re: Who, what, when, where

While all the bands you've mentioned will be invited to perform, I only get to boss around one of them...

a-ha haha

now ain't that just like a yank? boss my ass! (actually, don't)

I recommend the Hoot night, stunning has been running it in Chicago and it's great fun playing. I urge all bands to take part and turn the Dublin one into as good an event as the Chicago one.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who, what, when, where

Happy New Year. Where the hell were you on New Year's Eve?

happy new year to yourself too

I was chilling in my crib for New Years Eve, flicking between Jools Holland and the Sex in the City marathon on E4

marvellous

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who, what, when, where

Originally posted by Pantone247
happy new year to yourself too

I was chilling in my crib for New Years Eve, flicking between Jools Holland and the Sex in the City marathon on E4

Oh! I got season 3 of SATC (the best season in my correct opinion) on DaViD for the christmas, I think we shall be having a night in of watching it, you will be informed. I also got the season 2 Futurama box set, which is possibly the finest box set of all time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back