cheapo multi-region dvd-player (1 Viewer)

Dktr. Faustus

any idea where to get the cheapest dvd player in town. multi-region or easy multi-region hack available?

many good dvd:s yawning in my drawers...

jaakko said:
any idea where to get the cheapest dvd player in town. multi-region or easy multi-region hack available?

Amazon.co.uk have some for around €50. Been meaning to get one cos we're playing ours through the PS2 and the sound aint the best.

jaakko said:

You're better off going for quality rather than cheapness with DVD players. We got a, ahem, Plus-tron multi region DVD player, thinking "What's the worse that could happen?" The sound quality was crap, the machine hummed loudly and it randomly decided that it was fed up half-way through a movie and wouldn't play no more. Needless to say, we returned the sucker.

Ja. the dear ones aren't even dear now in anyways. You'd get a daycent branded one for under an hundreds euros.

Zeelander said:
You're better off going for quality rather than cheapness with DVD players. We got a, ahem, Plus-tron multi region DVD player, thinking "What's the worse that could happen?" The sound quality was crap, the machine hummed loudly and it randomly decided that it was fed up half-way through a movie and wouldn't play no more. Needless to say, we returned the sucker.

oh well, i've been reading peoples opinions and reviews on these cheapo players and they've been usually getting pretty good words. and 'cause i have no idea how long i'm staying in ireland, i'd like to get a player i can give to someone without getting into financial crisis. i spent a good bunch of euros into my stereo system already...

kirstie said:
nah they're not. some you have to get chipped, like sony's. others you can just unlock using the remote.

aldi are doing a dvd player next week for 39 quid I believe. no idea what regions etc though.
Oh, i stand corrected.

I got a Philips one from Dixons a while ago for 80 bucks. It was dead easy to make multi-region, and it can even play DivX files from cd/dvd - hooray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back