change of bar management at bohs (1 Viewer)

bohs punks

Website
Visit site
very sadly fiachra has finished up workign in bohs, he was a great supporter of all the gigs, discos etc there since 2004 and will be sorely missed. please dont try and book bohs through fiachras mobile number from now on if you have it. not a clue when a new bar manager will be appointed etc or what their thinking will be but presume all bookings will be honoured in the meantime. could mean a lot of changes re booking policy, whethar or what they charge etc - all remains to be seen.

conflicting stories as to his departure date, either last night or some say he is going to stay on another two weeks. either way his reign at bohs is at an end so as said above who knows what the future will bring but i am sure any existing bookings will be honoured. hopefully when the booked events are on th enew manager is as easy going etc - only time will tell.

i

this sucks. why is boh's going up the gicker conor..?

Maybe a good attendance at the next few gigs can convinv=ce them it's good idea to keep doing them?
(and yes I know Oak are playing there twice in the next few weeks,but keeping the venue available is pretty important)

yeah but it seems as soon as there's a badly attended gig again (which is somewhat inevitable) they'll get unhappy again like last time. its a real shitty from a promoters point of view. i'll be going to both the oak gigs anyway like most people on here gary, you should be spending your time convincing your main forum fans to make the trek out.

Hopefully plenty of people do go,and I honestly mean that from the point of view of the venue. I like that place,unfortunately I can't get to everything on there.
I'll be hyping it up on the main forum soon.

fiachra seems to be still there at the minute. anyway agm of the club is on next week, club finances are in a mess, club being bullied to give half ground to shels by the government, no one going forward for most of the positions on the board etcetc, so bar thing is the least of bohs problems which mainly come down to spendign 500,000 a year more than income each year for last few years.

hopefully we will be punking it up there for a long time to come but as i said before only time will tell, maybe bastard eoin could be sent up for a rejection slip and then actually be offered the job?.|..|

theres other good places out there anyway, ainsley house for one with in house pa which makes life easy.

Annsley House is def a good venue which I always overlook, lovely shaped stage/viewing/dance arrangement. Beer good value and barmen friendly.

when I worked in the bookies in Fairview a lad would always come in with posters for gigs for that place.

Mostly Trad, Rock, Ska and oi bands.

howya,the annseley is deadly alrite.moutpiece are playing there march 31.we had 2 gigs there already and they were complete success.I have the guys number who books the place so pm me and ill give it ya.the only thing is that its booked out thurs fri sat well in advance so you have to be prepered to wait.if you get a good crowd you drinks like fish they dont charge you for hire,oterewise its a oner if yer mates are all teetotalling bastards.the bastards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back