celebrating new and innovative Irish voices (2 Viewers)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
New Irish music series hits N2
Irish artists including The Frames, Nina Hynes, Mundy and Damien Rice feature in a new 13-part series on Network 2.

The series, called 'Other Voices - Songs From A Room' is presented by Frames frontman Glen Hansard.

Performances were filmed by Philip King in the 200 year-old St James' Church in Dingle over six nights in December 2002.

The series is dedicated to celebrating new and innovative Irish voices and will also feature Interference, Damien Dempsey, Emmet Tinley, Josh Ritter, Mark Geary, Maria Doyle Kennedy and Jerry Fish.

The first episode of 'Other Voices - Songs From A Room' will be broadcast on Network 2 at 9pm on Tuesday 25 February.

Full line up:
Episode 1 The Frames
Episode 2 Damien Rice
Episode 3 Interference
Episode 4 Damien Dempsey
Episode 5 Nina Hynes
Episode 6 Josh Ritter
Episode 7 Compilation featuring Jerry Fish and Katell Keineg Episode 8 Mundy
Episode 9 Maria Doyle Kennedy Episode 10 Mark Geary
Episode 11 Compilation featuring Paddy Casey, Roesy and John Hegarty
Episode 12 Emmet Tinley
Episode 13 Complilation featuring Ronan Ó Snodaigh, Martin Finke, Barry McCormack, Paul Tiernan and Ger Wolfe

yeah. hem. ahah. we're supposed to be on that. i reckon we're just not outrè enough.

hum. maybe we wern't oirish enough. after all, we have southsiders and a kraut in the band.

Originally posted by Hector Grey
hum. maybe we wern't oirish enough. after all, we have southsiders and a kraut in the band.

zigactly
and you're not called paddy mcbarnacle or anthing similarly suited to the irish brogue.

Someone here just said it could be better described as being dedicated to celebrating new and innovative friends of glen hansard....

Originally posted by Latex lizzie
..for shame glen hansard. I' d like to say I never liked them .but ya know..I kinda did.

Do all women fall in love with the boy Hansard for 30 minutes at one point in their lives.

It seems like that to me, based on experience.

I'm suprised David Shitt isn't up there. See all those cunts moaning on the Christmas back-slappery Hot Press interview about how bands like U2 and the Cranberries never helped them out. What the fuck have any of these people contributed to Irish independent music?

Originally posted by Unclealo
I'm suprised David Shitt isn't up there. See all those cunts moaning on the Christmas back-slappery Hot Press interview about how bands like U2 and the Cranberries never helped them out. What the fuck have any of these people contributed to Irish independent music?

problem is that as far as most people are concerned they are irish indepedent music.

..yeah rock on like boy the cranberries yeah!wooo!

..what is the hold up with mainstream telly looking at Irish cultrure a a level just below fucking the late late show(still embarassed to say that shit is on t.v.) or all that oirish shite..it's all so exportable and friendly.

..Here is a question when was the last time there was an Irish song in the charts(or pushed in mainstream radio etc) that was agrressive in content ?
(think along the lines of the rednecks with some vocals and you are getting there) I can't frucking remember. Anyone??

[B
..Here is a question when was the last time there was an Irish song in the charts(or pushed in mainstream radio etc) that was agrressive in content ?
(think along the lines of the rednecks with some vocals and you are getting there) I can't frucking remember. Anyone?? [/B]

Mesner: 'Black and Orange'
:rolleyes:

..yeah rock on like boy the cranberries yeah!wooo!

..what is the hold up with mainstream telly looking at Irish cultrure a a level just below fucking the late late show(still embarassed to say that shit is on t.v.) or all that oirish shite..it's all so exportable and friendly.

(think along the lines of the rednecks with some vocals and you are getting there) I can't frucking remember. Anyone??

zo-o-mbie
a-ie
a-ie
o-o

They're all fuckin LOSERS!! SHite, the lot. Old moany gits and young moany gits united. Fuckin bores. What an awful show. I'm comin to fuckin get them. Get them all!

They're all as exciting as a wart show in Calcutta. fucks.

Originally posted by pete
Someone here just said it could be better described as being dedicated to celebrating new and innovative friends of glen hansard....

new and innovative?

that's a hoot.

jeezuz.

what a pile of steaming rhino cum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back