CAROSAH - NEW SONG UP! (1 Viewer)

For me punk is about challenging peoples' views on the world at large. How can you do that when noone can understand what you're saying?

well, they seemed to have challenged your preconceptions of what punk is

I don't think they've ever said they were a punk band dregin, bar in that Myspace description, and if you want to pick at straws in that department, they're not a "thrash" band either. The day "Not being able to hear the words" makes something "not punk" is a sad day indeed. I'm sure Easpa Measa, Divisions Ruin et al must be heartbroken to know they're now officially "not punk".

New song is great Paddy, nice one.

No harm, but that's metal. For me punk is about challenging peoples' views on the world at large. How can you do that when noone can understand what you're saying?

start a fuckin band then why dont ya? i agree with jamie here.somethings not punk because you cant hear the words?ridiculous.anyway, just because punk for you is about challenging people's views on the world at large doesnt mean its the same for everybody.it can simply be about expressing yourself and doing what the fuck you want with your own band.would you prefer if they panderd to your idea of punk by making the words totally clear even though thats not what they felt like doing?that most certainly would not be punk.hardcore punk for me, primarily is about the energy.the lyrics are a great bonus but thats not what really does it for me most of the time.

No need to get so excited about it.

I go and read the lyrics of songs by crust bands and can actually identify em while I'm listening to them. I understand and appreciate the whole concept of sound scapes. I never tried to tell anyone what is and isn't punk.

Bleugh, I'm too sick to make any sense.

Carosah-NEW SONG UP!
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Hardcore / Punk / Thrash [/FONT]
clear.gif

[FONT=Arial, Helvetic, sans-serif] "OFFICIALLY NOT PUNK ENOUGH" [/FONT]

Kilcoole, Wicklow
Ireland

Profile Views: 12183

onlinenow.gif

Last Login: 29/11/2008
View My: Pics | Videos

Ilike it.

gazzer post fixed everything....i'm gonna stay..
this is fucked up but i have nowhere to go...haha...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back