Caribou & BOrn Ruffians. this sunday (may 18) (1 Viewer)

u:m

[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]U:MACK
presents
[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]

[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]CARIBOU
Plus special guests
BORN RUFFIANS

[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]SUNDAY MAY 18
WHELANS OF
WEXFORD STREET

DOORS 8pm (EARLY GIG)
TICKETS €16 ROAD RECORDS, CITY DISCS, SOUND CELLAR, SPINDIZZY, WAV BOX OFFICE 1890 200078 & ONLINE AT www.tickets.ie/umack

[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]www.myspace.com/cariboumanitoba
www.myspace.com/bornruffians
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]
TICKETS AVAILABLE ON THE DOOR FOR THIS SUNDAY'S CARIBOU & BORN RUFFIANS GIG
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]
CaribouBornRuffians567.jpg

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dan Snaith brings his wonderful Caribou back to Dublin. Join them for an evening of gloriously dreamy Technicolor pop. Very special guests on the night are Toronto’s Born Ruffians, who have recently signed to Warp records.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CARIBOU[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

I've always made music for the escapist thrill," confides Dan 'Caribou' Snaith. "I think my music looks inwards for some escapism from the world, rather than outwards." Frankly, we don't blame him. Gritty urban reality? Um, no thanks! We'll have a double helping of the escapist thrills, please. On this, his fourth album, London-based, Canadian ex-pat Caribou emerges with his most wonderfully dense and moving album to date, the giddy delights of Andorra.

Featuring guest vocals from Jeremy Greenspan (Junior Boys) on 'She's The One', this album marks the first time, Snaith sings on every song and invites us into this most personal and emotional body of work. It also finds Snaith with two new record labels, City Slang and Merge Records (home to Arcade Fire) for the USA.

[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BORN RUFFIANS[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

“Mutation: it is the key to our evolution…this process is slow, and normally taking thousands and thousands of years. But every few hundred millennia, evolution leaps forward.”
- Professor Charles Xavier

Enter us! Toronto’s Born Ruffians – Luke Lalonde, Mitch DeRosier and Steve Hamelin. We are the next link in the evolutionary chain of contemporary pop music, mixing drums, bass, and electric guitar, an almost unheard of combination, with bits of harmonium, piano and plenty of “hootin and hollerin” to create a sound we call “the best we could come up with!”

Phrases like “highly anticipated” and “much hyped” are tossed around in the music press so frequently they have lost all meaning. But, the Toronto Star did write that about us, so with our debut full-length album coming out May 26th in Europe and the UK, let’s instead say it should be “highly hyped” and “not anticipated” because the anticipation will kill you to death.

The album, titled Red, Yellow, and Blue, is the follow-up to our starter self-titled EP released on XL recordings in 2006 amidst a slew of press and buzz, unfortunately about other bands. Red, Yellow, and Blue was produced by the hyper, over-caffeinated Rusty Santos, a boy genius from New York responsible for the recording and mixing of Animal Collective’s Sung Tongs.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Please note this gig is in the main venue, not upstairs in whelans

I saw them a couple a years ago and they were plenty of fun, the utilise the yelp to the max.Theres just so many gigs,so little money

and time.

I had a ticket and ended up not being able to go. Ticket went unused. I'm sure Caribou don't mind!

I did the same thing for Battles last week. I was so ashamed of myself but there was just no helping, I couldn't even give the ticket away, everyones just too busy nowadays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back