Capturing streaming audio on PC (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter cunt
  • Start date
  • Replies 5
  • Views 907
  • Watchers 0

cunt

Anyone know a program to do this, like Wiretap for Mac? And preferably free.

where's it streaming from? if it's a .m3u file it should be easy to open it in a text editor, copy the URL, do a search in google, right-click on the result and download!

or... you could just:

• click the little speaker on bottom left hand corner to bring your PC's volume controls onscreen.
• go to the 'options' drop down menu on the top right.
• select 'properties'. a new window will pop up...
• under 'adjust volume for', select 'recording'.
• click 'OK'. the window will disappear and you should now be looking at the 'record controls', (mic input, line input, etc. etc.).
• tick whatever box you see that corresponds to 'wave sound' or 'internal sound' etc. this should reroute whatever audio the soundcard is playing and allow it to be recorded internally.
• finally, open up any sample editor like sound forge etc. and record your streaming file!

What plug says, but if you don't have any audio editor that could record from your soundcard then you could try streamripper.

Of course if you don't have an audio editor then you can get audacity for free, never tried to record internally with it but don't see why it wouldn't

plug said:
where's it streaming from? if it's a .m3u file it should be easy to open it in a text editor, copy the URL, do a search in google, right-click on the result and download!

or... you could just:

• click the little speaker on bottom left hand corner to bring your PC's volume controls onscreen.
• go to the 'options' drop down menu on the top right.
• select 'properties'. a new window will pop up...
• under 'adjust volume for', select 'recording'.
• click 'OK'. the window will disappear and you should now be looking at the 'record controls', (mic input, line input, etc. etc.).
• tick whatever box you see that corresponds to 'wave sound' or 'internal sound' etc. this should reroute whatever audio the soundcard is playing and allow it to be recorded internally.
• finally, open up any sample editor like sound forge etc. and record your streaming file!
last time i did this internal recording malarky there was a kind of echo while i was recording but the actual recording was fine.any idea whats going on there?

dunno bob. maybe mute the internal source in the volume settings? I've kinda forgotten all this shit since I've stopped using PCs. of course that'll probably mean you won't be able to hear anything then... which technically means no echo! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back