CAPRATONE (1 Viewer)

It's nowhere near as pleasant to play in as Whelans.
Muddy onstage sound, big pillar in the middle of stage.
I mean... I'd happily play in a large cistern but for twice the price of Whelans it's particularly bad value.

My specific gripes: vocal sounded very muffled; very little difference between quiet bits and loud bits; although you could hear all the instruments they all seemed to be competing with rather than complementing each other.

Don't get me wrong, the sound wasn't just BAD but the mix was very dense and didn't give any space to the songs.

(it might help to turn the onstage volume of the amps right down and just hear yourselves through the monitors - should give the engineer a bit more control over things and he might do a better job ... also might help to do a soundcheck that's longer than 5 mins :) )

next corpo giggins

feb 2nd the lobby, cork with boa morte
feb 5th ruby sessions, dublin with npb, jeff colley and pete o'neill
feb 24th optimo, glasgow
march 9th strange fruit, london
march 13th whelans with querelle

now this last one is the one of interest. we're bringing over our friends, querelle, who are an italian band based in london. they're utterly amazing, kinda blonde redhead-y, a man called gyspy singing, and 2 sisters on drums and bass. the drummer in particular is pretty much the living embodiment of rock n' roll. miss them at your peril

you can leave before we come on 8)

pretend it's not me who's posting. so ... ahem ... does this "querelle" have a website or mp3s? i'm always interested in blonde redhead sounding bands.

hag in disguise scabbed:
pretend it's not me who's posting. so ... ahem ... does this "querelle" have a website or mp3s? i'm always interested in blonde redhead sounding bands.

I don't think so.
I have a song on CD that I'll put up somewhere, if they'll let me.
We played with them in London and they were cracking.
Not to mention foxy.

snakybus (24 Jan, 2002 01:19 p.m.):
is this a british tour then?

well thats what it says on the souviner tour programmes

;p

no, its just us taking advantage of Ryanairs cheap flights and some nice people sorting out some gigs for us

its suprisingly easy to do, probably easier then getting gigs in Dublin really...

Pantone247 (24 Jan, 2002 02:55 p.m.):
snakybus (24 Jan, 2002 01:19 p.m.):
is this a british tour then?

well thats what it says on the souviner tour programmes

;p

no, its just us taking advantage of Ryanairs cheap flights and some nice people sorting out some gigs for us

its suprisingly easy to do, probably easier then getting gigs in Dublin really...

oh, well fair play. Knock 'em dead as they say. Youse boys were v.good t'other night, I liked the one where the bass did a riff and each guitar took turns playing weirdy bits.

joss (22 Jan, 2002 02:14 p.m.):
It's nowhere near as pleasant to play in as Whelans.
Muddy onstage sound, big pillar in the middle of stage.
I mean... I'd happily play in a large cistern but for twice the price of Whelans it's particularly bad value.

They've put the price up in whelan's plus now you have to pay tax. By 10:30pm we made 600 and after all deductions came out with 50 euro's Rock and/or Roll sucks!

Hmm. It was 200 pounds plus 25 for the Liz lady.
Then another 25 if you took the side door bloke on too.
Only Thursday to Saturday though.

That 10.30 is a bit annoying aiight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back