CAPRATONE (1 Viewer)

Pantone247

Since 2000
Website
pantone247.blogspot.com
CAPRATONE • DOT CREEK • THE DUIDLEY CORPORATION

THE SHELTER • JAN 21st 2002 • 6 EURO 50 CENTS

After a self imposed tax exile of 18 months Capratone's board of directors have finally found a legal loophole, which they have exploited, to allow Capratone to take to the stage once again. With the advent of the Euro currency a new line up has been assembled for 2002, thus allowing easier access to off shore funds and more pleasing and enjoyable show for the average muso hipster on the street.

Support comes from Dot Creek and The Dudley Corporation

thats lovely lookin fiachra, did you do that all by yourself or did yer mammy help ya? pat on the back. (what a double loaded thing for me to say!)

Jaysus.
7 years and 6 weeks since the formation of Capratone Mk 1.
*Such* ages.

is there actually any original members still in the band? I have this song of yours/theirs on the "zip up your boots for the showbands" compilation c.d. but i cant remember what it was called. did you play on it by chance joss?

pat (11 Jan, 2002 05:10 p.m.):
is there actually any original members still in the band? I have this song of yours/theirs on the "zip up your boots for the showbands" compilation c.d. but i cant remember what it was called. did you play on it by chance joss?

Aye.
There was a 14 track LP recorded in Summer '95 but Andrew (aka the Asteroids) decided he didn't like it about 2 months later.
The song on Zip Up Your Boots was the only one that managed to struggle to freedom.

pat (11 Jan, 2002 05:10 p.m.):

Joss has played on every irish record ever invented, dont you know.
he was doin' the hucklebuck with brendan back in the day even.

I was listening to the very deadly Sunbear over the weekend, so in searching round for info on them on the interweb I found this

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~loxias/pepperhead/pepperhead/interview/fint11.html

an interview with Sunbears bass player from 1997 and he says...

Well, how about any of the bands that aren't going any more, like Tucker Suite?

Colin : Tucker Suite I thought were really good. I thought it was a real shame that they split. I mean, it wasn't my kinda stuff but I could go to a gig and watch them. I mean, they were sh*t tight and Joss, of course...Joss is a f*cking amazing drummer. He's in Capratone.

mad wha!

PeeWee (22 Jan, 2002 01:58 p.m.):
So is the Shelter still REALLY pricey to hire?

before that geezer night in dec 2000 was it not supposed to be something in the region of 3/400 punts? disgraceful. AND WHELANS! c40 bring in loads of people on saturday and whelans take the door money after 2230. new sound guy is good though.

last time i heard it was £400 for the shelter...that was around 4 months ago...not sure if its changed since then

what would you say is REALLY expensive??

we broke even... just about

but I think its a top venue, the seats with tables (and funky vegas stylee candles on tables) is great for cooling to the sounds

we had been assured of top class sound as well, so I'm quite interested to hear any specific gripes people had with the sound last night

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back