Cap Pas Cap - London Gig / Reading Festival / Irish Gigs (1 Viewer)

rothko

Since 2000
Website
www.myspace.com
Cap Pas Cap play the following shows in the UK this week:

The Purple Turtle
61-65 Crowndale Road
Camden
8pm Wednesday 23 August

The Reading Festival
Friday 25 August
Stage Time TBC

////////////////////////////

Irish Dates:

Sunday 17th Sept 06 // Boom Boom Room, Dublin
w/ Foals {UK} & Trails, Envelope

Wednesday 20th Sept 06 // Sugar Club, Dublin
w/ Blood On The Wall {Usa/ Fat Cat, Social Registry}

Thursday 29th Sept 06 // Clap Club, Dorans, Dublin
w/ LR RocKeTs (uk) & Stagger Lee

Wednesday 18th October 06 // The Pavillion, Belfast
w/ Erase Errata {USA, Kill Rock Stars} & Gaju

Thursday 19th October 06 // The Hub, Dublin
w/ Erase Errata {USA, Kill Rock Stars}, Betamax Format & Twisted Robot Djs

Releases:

Cap Pas Cap release 5 track debut 12" in October on Skinny Wolves Records.
Listen to advance track here: www.myspace.com/cappascap

Reviews:
"Looking and sounding like the band you always wanted to be in, Cap Pas Cap have the potential to be massive. Just don't tell anybody yet...

Much as I want to shout about how wonderful Cap Pas Cap are, I rather want to keep them to myself. Why? Well, in my dreams I'm one of only four people who have discovered a quartet of musos who have based a band around some artful posturing, simple but madly effective basslines, snatched guitar riffs, minimal keyboard melodies, taut, solid drumming, esoteric lyricism and ululating vocals. And here I am sitting in front of Whelan's stage watching my dream come true-only with the knowledge that this band are a forest fire that's about to catch.

Cap Pas Cap (pronounced Kappa-cap sportswera fans) are four laid-back-going-on-supine types who make the production of ultra-cool music seem entirely effortless and natural. The tunes themselves are deceptively straightforward but at the heart of each is a hook so viciously spiked that it latches onto your soul, never to let go.

"Sea & A", for instance, half borrows the bassline from The Falls "Fortress" but couples it with a tinkling xylophone to produce a melody that sticks to your memory like a cactus to an eyeball. It's surely a only a matter of moments before a car or mobile phone company snaps up this tune for an ad campaign and renders Cap Pas Cap unspeakably wealthy. They could be, and deserve to be, huge-but please don't tell anyone yet!"
In Dublin Magazine

"If you had Sonic Youth and Talking Heads somewhere in your sights, smack bang in the crosshairs you'd find Cap Pas Cap."
Bandwagon.ie

"Avant Rock" is a loaded term, bringing to mind middle-class types in ripped t-shirts trying to ape Sonic Youth's tuneless period, possibly in an art gallery. Dublin newcomers Cap Pas Cap are as out there as any members of this club, but, crucially, they've remembered to bring along some tunes too...
...Last June they opened for the hopelessly over-hyped brit rockers Forward Russia!, blowing them off the stage."
Metro

Would have gone this Wednesday until s'thing cropped up requiring a straight head for Thurs morning.
Enjoy Reading and the rest!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back