cancelling digital? (1 Viewer)

muffin

We've decided to cancel NTL digital cos we've had nothing but problems with it.I feel like the ntl man is my mate at this stage he's been in my house so blinkin often.I rang them this morning and they couldn't tell me what I had to do to cancel it?!?

Has anyone cancelled their digital with NTL?How much notice do you need to give them?We're getting Sky in so I wanna be able to book it and give them a date.

Thanks dudes

We've decided to cancel NTL digital cos we've had nothing but problems with it.I feel like the ntl man is my mate at this stage he's been in my house so blinkin often.I rang them this morning and they couldn't tell me what I had to do to cancel it?!?

Has anyone cancelled their digital with NTL?How much notice do you need to give them?We're getting Sky in so I wanna be able to book it and give them a date.

Thanks dudes

Just ring them and go to the customer accounts dept. Tell them you have the digital service and you want to cancel it. If you have it less than a year they'll tell you that you are under contract but you can pay your way out of it (100 - 200 quid I think). NTL's customer support is terrible, one of the worse I've ever had to deal with. I think sometimes they just act stupid because they don't want to deal with you. They have really bad communication between their different departments.
When I moved to my new house I wanted to cancel the digital and get the broadband. On the day of the installation the bloke showed up with a second digi box and knew nothing of the broadband request. When they finally sent someone out to do the broadband I made sure to give him the digi box. As usual they still kept charging me for the digital service even though I didn't have it. And that took more phone calls.

When you get through they might even try to transfer you to somebody else because they don't want to deal with you.
In comparison, sky's customer service is a hell of a lot better.
Also, make sure you cancel the direct debit by writing to your bank. And give them back the box so they have a record of it.

Thanks!I'm dreading it considering how much shite when we're just trying to get someone out to fix it...argh..

ok last questions..can there be an overlap between sky and ntl?if i plug out the set top box and whatnot could the sky peeps do their thing until ntl cancel the service?

I think that's what we did. We changed from Chorus to Sky lately and the Chorus guys only came to disconnect after we had had sky for 3 months.

ok last questions..can there be an overlap between sky and ntl?if i plug out the set top box and whatnot could the sky peeps do their thing until ntl cancel the service?

Yeah that won't be a problem. You could have both services running side by side if you wanted. Bear in mind that the sky people will have to drill a new hole through the front wall in your house to bring the cable from the satellite. 2 holes if you get sky + because it uses 2 cables.

Nah we're not directing debiting it so that's not a problem..

definitely thinking of sky+ but two holes in the front of the house??ouchies..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back