Cancelled (1 Viewer)

Stick this motherfucker on at 5am in someones kitchen and watch the doors get blown off

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Stick this motherfucker on at 5am in someones kitchen and watch the doors get blown off

in fairness, if you’re making any kind of reasonable argument as opposed to 2-3 line alarmist outbursts on social media, I will listen to you. But I’m going to listen to the trans community more because they’re the ones living through this.

I will listen to anyone making reasonable points. I think many people are living through many things - I listen to considered points, and we all have to arrive at our own positions, I guess hopefully we can agree on that if nothing else.

Edit: I also meant to say that half the time I seem to gather my information from testimony of people's lived experiences, but also experts in the field (because they know more than I do, I respect the research) - to me that seems quite necessary, as so many subjects are very complicated, and sometimes there are various groups (although that term itself can be an unstable one, depending) living through things, and sometimes there are conflicts and clashes - it's important to really appreciate that. But again, that's how I feel, and I also believe in pluralism - so, carry on!

Last edited:
in fairness, if you’re making any kind of reasonable argument as opposed to 2-3 line alarmist outbursts on social media, I will listen to you. But I’m going to listen to the trans community more because they’re the ones living through this.
If I was on the side of an argument that was being distorted by nazis, I'd be inclined to want to take it upon myself to tell them to shut the fuck up so my, arguably, coherent argument could be heard. I dunno, maybe Roisin has, at some point in the past, attacked terfs for inhibiting her ability to make her point. I don't recall when that was, though.

There will always be substantive points to consider from the opposing side of a debate. In recent times, when there were debates about marriage equality, the 8th amendment, that cunt Trump, Brexit, immigration, the same people have opted for an approach of trying to win an argument by shouting down, rather than by listening to, the other side. Those who did have points worth listening to, could also not be heard as a result.

When it comes to Trans rights, I have heard some arguments about trans athletes that have been well thought-out and well argued. That is such a minor issue though. I've moreso heard people telling me to listen to them, without telling me what they want me to listen to.

Maybe some day soon.

I'm intrigued as to how you came by this conclusion?

I have it on good authority that Roisin knows how to get a party rocking big time

Maybe she is only chancing her arm.. but the results are what matters surely?

and the results are shite

as i kick them in to turn it off

Roisin Murphy has some banging tunes.

awul singing. awful tunes.

she's an absolute chancer who's coasted on the talent of the other Moloko members

Roisin had a good appearance on T Tiernan's show.
Came off well.
A pure artist.
And creatively she will always zag when you think she will zig, so it's usually exciting to get her new stuff.

Which goes to show that you can have a body of solid work spanning decades, but display an opinion that could be construed as wrong headed, and you can be sent to the cancelled mines for it.

have to admire that confidence

In 1994, the two met at a party in Sheffield, where Murphy approached Brydon with the chat-up line, "Do you like my tight sweater? See how it fits my body!

Some people live life utterly without fear. It's wonderful to behold.

And for those that don't know, it was the name of their first record

My parents when they saw Moloko on Jools Holland

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back