Cancelled (8 Viewers)

In proportion to earnings and having both had an established pre-war era career, both waters and mercedes benz do owe a sizeable portion of their income to war.

Waters didn't show Swastikas. It was the crossed hammers, synonymous with the Wall.

I was at one of the shows on this tour back in April. One of the encores had him coming out dressed like Bob Geldof from the movie. He had an old fashioned machine gun and was shooting into the crowd. This was during In The Flesh, which is basically how that exact scene plays out in the movie. I thought it was deadly. I think everyone thought it was deadly.

But the anti-Waters brigade, cos of his support for Palestine, have latched onto this in a big way.

I'm assuming the person who is shouting loudest about this "controversy" is young and has only just discovered this part of the act which Waters has been doing for decades

I'm assuming the person who is shouting loudest about this "controversy" is young and has only just discovered this part of the act which Waters has been doing for decades
its these people

Screenshot 2023-05-29 at 09.18.32.png

the ones who conflate being pro-Palestinian with being anti-semitic.

Scanning through twitter and there's a lot of sensible comments and it seems most people see through this bollox. Basically, the far-right feeding Jewish people with misinformation, in order to fuel their cause. Kinda like whats happening with the racists here in Ireland.

Just for context, at the outset of the show, there is a text feed on the giant screen where several messages are relayed to the crowd. One of the messages addresses the accusations of anti-semitism, and he categorically denies it.

I like how he doesn't back down. He's nearly 80 years old. There's nothing anyone can do to him at this stage. He's un-cancellable, and he's using a platform that very few people have. Fair fucking fucks to him .

they’re trying to corbyn him but it doesn’t seem to be working

this all happened at the venue down the road from me and it’s an absolutely awful place to see a concert... they should be protesting about that instead
Wo in berlin ist das?

and it really is the corbyn playbook, just the german variation on it. they did the same thing to the organisers of documenta in kassel last summer. german middle-class liberal types are such fucking clowns when it comes to this stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back