Calvin Johnson (K Records) + Crayonsmith - this Fri 25th in Dublin (2 Viewers)

crayonsmith

This Friday 25th July-

Calvin Johnson (ex-BEAT HAPPENING, THE HALO BENDERS, DUB NARCOTIC, founder/owner of K Records).
Crayonsmith (Out On A Limb Records)

The Hideaway House, Deansgrange.
6pm,
5.http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8...pZW5kSUQ9MTgxODYyOTgmYmxvZ0lEPTIzOTU1NzgwOA==

Calvin Johnson has also recorded and sang with Modest Mouse, Beck, The Microphones, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, The Blow, Jens Lekman and Built to Spill.

The show starts at 6pm and it's only €5 in.

The address is The Hide Away House, 65 St. Fintan's Villas, Deansgrange Road, Blackrock, Dublin.

More specific directions here...
http://blog. myspace. com/index. cfm?fuseaction=blog. view&friendID=18186298&blogID=239557808

His one-man dance party in Whelans a few years ago was pretty funny.
Played loads of amazing Halo Benders songs that time

calvinjohnson25jul20082WEBLOW.jpg

Bands are on at 7.30pm sharp.

€5? Fucking hell, you don't get much for that these days. He's really got a strong ethos about how his gigs are put on. I remember when he played Whelan's he got really annoyed about what a waste of money it was to hire a PA.

Here are the full dates for Calvin Johnson

Friday 25th - Hideaway House, Deansgrange. Starts 7pm. admission 5 euro w/ Crayonsmith

Saturday 26th - Road Records, Fade st. Starts 2pm. Admission free.

Monday 28th - Bell, Book & Candle, Galway. Starts 5pm. Admnission 5 euro

Tuesday 29th - Drumnadubber, Co Leitrim. Starts 5pm. Admission donation

This Friday 25th July-

Calvin Johnson (ex-BEAT HAPPENING, THE HALO BENDERS, DUB NARCOTIC, founder/owner of K Records).
Crayonsmith (Out On A Limb Records)

The Hideaway House, Deansgrange.
6pm, 5.

Calvin Johnson has also recorded and sang with Modest Mouse, Beck, The Microphones, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, The Blow, Jens Lekman and Built to Spill.

The show starts at 6pm and it's only €5 in.

The address is The Hide Away House, 65 St. Fintan's Villas, Deansgrange Road, Blackrock, Dublin.

More specific directions here...
http://blog. myspace. com/index. cfm?fuseaction=blog. view&friendID=18186298&blogID=239557808

that link doesn't work

What's the capacity at this place? I'm coming up from the country for this.

dunno, it's a house though so probably not massive...

some videos of previous gigs there up on the innernets
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My 3rd class photo shoot in the background there on the second video :p

The room itself where the gig is is pretty tiny. But there's a window behind the band as well in a kind lean to shed out the back (for the smokers). And people in the sitting room can see into the gig room as well. It's tight but if people push close to the front it's grand. If you see a space don't be afraid to shimmy past the wall of people at the back. The most we've had in the house is about 100 people, although the room itself, as I said at a glance looks like it would hold about 30. We've proved this wrong though. :)

My 3rd class photo shoot in the background there on the second video :p

The room itself where the gig is is pretty tiny. But there's a window behind the band as well in a kind lean to shed out the back (for the smokers). And people in the sitting room can see into the gig room as well. It's tight but if people push close to the front it's grand. If you see a space don't be afraid to shimmy past the wall of people at the back. The most we've had in the house is about 100 people, although the room itself, as I said at a glance looks like it would hold about 30. We've proved this wrong though. :)
looking forward to this. sounds like an interesting set up. just out of curiosity, is the house in a residential area? how do you deal with noise complaints and the like?

Kind of, it's on a main road. There's only one neighbour that it would affect really. We've never had a complaint, the popo only showed at the first gig, I think just to see what was going on and ask people not to be hanging out on the road. Haven't seen them since. I think legally no-one can make a complaint about noise if it's before 10pm. The guards can show up and ask you to turn it down, but you've every right not to. It's never really come to that though. We've a good relationship with the neighbours and give them plenty advance warning (and a box of quality street at christmas .|..|)

Kind of, it's on a main road. There's only one neighbour that it would affect really. We've never had a complaint, the popo only showed at the first gig, I think just to see what was going on and ask people not to be hanging out on the road. Haven't seen them since. I think legally no-one can make a complaint about noise if it's before 10pm. The guards can show up and ask you to turn it down, but you've every right not to. It's never really come to that though. We've a good relationship with the neighbours and give them plenty advance warning (and a box of quality street at christmas .|..|)

the way it should be! nice one. Why is it called Hideaway Records? Do ye sell stuff aswell?

By the by, is there anywhere to park around there, I might have to drive straight from work?

the way it should be! nice one. Why is it called Hideaway Records? Do ye sell stuff aswell?

By the by, is there anywhere to park around there, I might have to drive straight from work?

Yip. Well the gig is in The Hideaway House. The record label came after that and was logically called Hide Away Records.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back