CALLING ALL GRAFFITI ARTISTS (1 Viewer)

brianoak

I am putting on a graffiti exhibition with a few others at the start of april.We need graffiti artists who would like to exhibit their work on canvas, this includes stencil graff too.You will have an opportunity to sell your work and it should be a pretty large event.We have some good sponsorship in the pipeline also.If you are interested you can more information by emailing [email protected]

where's the exhibition going to be ?

i mean which town and stuff or what venue if you all ready have the venue?

this sounds deadly.

brian/heathons said:
I am putting on a graffiti exhibition with a few others at the start of april.We need graffiti artists who would like to exhibit their work on canvas, this includes stencil graff too.You will have an opportunity to sell your work and it should be a pretty large event.We have some good sponsorship in the pipeline also.If you are interested you can more information by emailing [email protected]

Are you a cop?

sarah said:
where's the exhibition going to be ?

i mean which town and stuff or what venue if you all ready have the venue?

this sounds deadly.
In Dublin.It was supposed to be in the arthouse but that is being used for offices at the moment so we should have confirmation of a new venue early next week.its early stages at the mo but we want to have most details sorted in the next two weeks.

jillface said:
canvas
sell your work
sponsorship

Pardon me but aren't these the things that graffiti just isn't about?

sponsorship can be for everything from free venue
to covering peoples travelling expenses.

why shouldn't all artists make some money from their work if they
can... and I don't think art is ever about confining yourself to one
medium or being restricted by what is expected generally expected from a medium.

See stencil type posters sold in red ink, similar in style to stuff you'd
see on the street.

just saying...

jillface said:
canvas
sell your work
sponsorship

Pardon me but aren't these the things that graffiti just isn't about?
well any of the artists we have spoken too dont seem to have a problem.the event is free.we make nowt.all money from work sold goes directly to the artist.its about educating the public to fact that graffiti is an artform not vandalism.Graffiti artist are regularly paid to do commissions all over europe.Plenty of people have done work on canvas.Your not allowed spray the walls inside a gallery.....

brian/heathons said:
Plenty of people have done work on canvas.Your not allowed spray the walls inside a gallery.....

You're not allowed spray the wall outside of galleries neither, but that doesn't seem to pose much of a problem to some.....

just trying to stir it up, jeez youse guys are boring.

in my head graffiing is what it is because of not being exhibited in art galleries and things.. the politics behind it, be it politically radical or gang tags or whatever..
i know it can be whatever you want really.. i suppose i just had it connected totally with something else as opposed to the stereotypical snootiness of art galleries and !kerching! ringing in the background.
and i think personally i'd like to keep it that way, even if it is just in my head.

pete said:
You're not allowed spray the wall outside of galleries neither, but that doesn't seem to pose much of a problem to some.....
true.any chance of making this a sticky because we need more artists from outside Dublin.

This is great news. We tried to buy some graf for the flat but it was eally hard to find anything on the net, apart from a whole load of banksy stuff. Graf rules.

diablo-king.jpg

jillface said:
just trying to stir it up, jeez youse guys are boring.

in my head graffiing is what it is because of not being exhibited in art galleries and things.. the politics behind it, be it politically radical or gang tags or whatever..
i know it can be whatever you want really.. i suppose i just had it connected totally with something else as opposed to the stereotypical snootiness of art galleries and !kerching! ringing in the background.
and i think personally i'd like to keep it that way, even if it is just in my head.
there is no kerching in the background here.the only person it financially benefits is the artist.It wont be in a gallery either,its just an exhibition in whatever free space we sort out.

make up a poster and bang it up in all city records in crows lane, temple bar.. number one supplers for agraff paint.. an they are wide to all the fuckers nickin the paint, thats why its behind the counter. there or mitchells on capel st. they stock alot of paint for artists regardless of it being a car accessories shop

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back