Caitlin Rose, New Album 'Own Side Now' & gig @ Crawdaddy / October 23rd (1 Viewer)

jonah

Thought I would post this here in case anyone was interested.

From the Guardian

"Earlier this year, Nashville-based Caitlin Rose released an EP of songs recorded in 2008, which introduced a promisingly wry lyricist unable to decide whether she wanted to sound like Loretta Lynn or Kimya Dawson. On her debut album, the 23-year-old thrillingly finds her own voice. Own Side is sad and strong as she walks away from a careless lover, playful in Spare Me as she dashes off the delicious line: "Love is just one more useless thing you don't need, but you can't throw away." Now pure country, her songwriting has taken a leap, too, delivering a profusion (sometimes an excess) of memorable choruses and arrangements freighted with emotion. Her assurance is most striking in two contrasting songs about self-discovery, New York City and Things Change: the former a ribald picaresque, the latter suffused with regret, set to bruised piano and quivering cymbals."

Anyway, I'm absolutely in love with her and wanted to give her as much shameless promotion as she deserves. I saw her three times at the Kilkenny Rhythm and Roots Festival earlier in the year and she is absolutely stunning live. I took this video of my personal favourite track which she was kind enough to play for us if anyone cares to have a look and listen;

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Anyway Crawdaddy gig on the 23rd with Megafaun (who I'll be honest I could know less about) and again in October with Deertick (very, very good).

http://www.myspace.com/caitlinrosesongs

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back