Cable Street Fest - full details - new band added. (2 Viewers)

bohs punks

Website
Visit site
Delighted to say that French anti fa street punk band Brigada Flores Magnon are now also playing at the fest.

It's on Saturday 30th Sept from 8 - late at Voodoo Lounge Dublin to celebrate /commemorate the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Cable Street in London

http://www.eastendtalking.org.uk/OurHistory/legends/default.asp?ID=11

Shaping up to be a cracking night of Oi, Streetpunk, Ska, Trojan and Skinhead Reggae and laughing at fascism.

So.....

Admission is 8 euro if your working, 5 euro if your not - a complete bargain considerign the quality of the line up and that Traycee is the only Dublin based Artist on the night!

Money is to cover costs of bands , DJ's, venue etc - in the unlikely event that theres money over it will be going to Irish AFA.

There are three bands and 5 djs on the night

Kick off is at 8.00 sharp until late , bands are defo on early so be on time!

Djs after bands etc.

Line up

Bands - mp3s available at links

Runnin Riot - Belfast's finest oi!
www.riotbois.com

The Freebooters - Scurvy ridden Street punk from the south.
www.myspace.com/irishfreebooters

Brigada Flores Magnon - Paris Red Skins playing catchy singalong punk- great stuff.
http://www.brigadafloresmagon.org/ - download all three albums free from here if ya want but nice to buy the cds when their over!

DJ's
Roddy Moreno _The Oppressed, Cardiff - Skinhead and SHARP legend, celebrating his 50th Birthday that weekend - interviewed in new Riot 77 zine

Traycee (Dublin)

Colin Riot (Belfast)

Kingston Sounds (Limerick)

Anke Buschperle ( Mannheim, Germany)

Please support this event - tis a bargain.

Brigada Flores Magnon are over to play a benefit for organise! up north anybody know the details of that gig?

My last weekend in Dublin before heading back to Wales for my final year deadly!!

Do I get a special rate seeing as I'll be transitioning between working and studentship over the weekend?

Next saturday night, Roddys fiftieth birthday as well so he should be in good form. defo going on a session for this.

Sure I might even do a bit of dancing. freebooters may be taking our annual winter break after this until christmas so do come along.

BohsPunks said
"Brigada Flores Magnon - Paris Red Skins playing catchy singalong punk- great stuff. "

and after listening to their album he is absolutely spot on

Slow but yet hypnotic listening.....although I am fairly sure they will be alot faster/gruffier live?

This is tommorow night, please come along and give your support and enjoy yourself. we will be sending money to just books re flights from double booking mess as well as tryign to cover all other costs etc so your support appreaciated as ever.

Besides the giving of support for the event it should also be a deadly gig that yo ushould enjoy so do come along.

cheers

basically tis a fiver if you need it to be but the overheads are high, more than we expected, so we hope to get more 8's than 5's obviously so if you can afford 8 cool, if you can only aford 5 then thats cool also.

Stage is quite high so Freebooters prob play on the dance floor.

/I shall also pay €8 cos Conor said I could be the mascot at a future gig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back