C Joynes Road Records Instore, Tuesday 28th July, 2pm (1 Viewer)

Cian Nugent

Website
www.myspace.com
Just a quick heads up that C Joynes will be playing a free instore in Road Records on Tuesday 28th July at 2pm. Drop in and heckle him.

English acoustic guitarist C Joynes, a resident of Cambridge, has released a few self produced excellent CDRs, alongside an album on Bo Weavil, home of James Blackshaw, Sir Richard Bishop, Robbie Basho. Joynes uses a heavy thumb-led finger-picking technique that harks back to traditional country-blues and early ragtime, however, he uses this technique to explore alternative melodic traditions: the English folk-tune; North and West African music; elements of classical Indian music; proto-​minimalist and impressionist musics from the European classical tradition. His approach to the recording and compositional process contains a subtle and unassuming experimentation​,​ at times including collaged fragments, field recordings, processing, en-plein-air recordings, and cut-and-paste. Joynes’ music is instinctive, well-​researched,​ placid, and evokes a certain simplicity and naiveté.

www.myspace.com/cjoynes

See you there...

i realised i'd forgotten about this when i saw cian, gavin and some lad with a guitar walking up georges street at about 3pm - dang.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back