Buzzy sounding amp. (1 Viewer)

worthit

I have a Fender Telecaster american standard and a Hughes and Kettner Attax 80 Amp and i get this awful electrical buzzing from it wherever i play it. Any idea what it is and how to stop it without buying a new amp?

Does the buzzing sound like a Fender Telecaster american standard? If so your grand, electrics are meant to sound like that through an amp. If it sounds like BRGRRARBGRRRRB then your in trouble. Could be anything really, Lead, input to the guitar, speaker, amp itself. Does it make that sound when the guitar isn't plugged in? What's your experience level with these kinda things?

I know enough about it to know that whenever i try to record anything with it the buzzing is unbearable but it's grand for gigs. It's only there when the guitar is plugged in. It gets louder and quieter depending on which way i face. It's an amp hum but it sounds far too loud.

are you plugging it in in the same place? there could be something going on with that circuit.

It might not be your amp/guitar at all, I had a similar problem, turned out to be the pump motor on my central heating system was causing the noise. Try disconecting the earth cable in the plug on your amp, the earth curcuit can sometimes act as an antenna and pick up noise from other sources. Also try using a different plug socket, or try it at a friends house or something. If the noise remains the same, it's your amp/guitar, if the noise changes, it's the wiring in your house picking up electrical signals. If it's the wiring curcuit, get an in-line suppresor, if it's the guitar/amp, check the pick-up toggle switch on the guitar, and check the earth strap in the amp. There the two most common causes of noise that I've come across, good luck.

it's the same anywhere i use it. A mate of mine used it in Vicar Street a few weeks ago and the engineers in there were giving out about it. Thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back