Buying stuff for baby before they're born. (1 Viewer)

Scientician 0.8

Supporter
Contributor
There seems to be a custom/superstition in this country, or was at least, of not buying stuff for a baby until its born as it would be tempting fate. How common is this belief anymore in this country? Have any parents here ever heard of it, does anyone practice it?

Loda shite.

I bought a load of stuff for my kid before he was born.

I did get a whiff of the "bad luck" bullshit, but it is what it is, bullshit.

Are congratulations in order???

I did get a whiff of the "bad luck" bullshit, but it is what it is, bullshit.

that sounds about right. also where does one draw the line? in some cases couples buy a house with a view to having kids together, sometimes years before the nipper is concieved.

I think it's the whole having a room full of baby stuff scenario people who practice it are trying to avoid. I'm curious how widespread the notion is anymore.

I'd advise against going mad buying stuff before the baby is born. Purely because people end up buying a load of shite that they will never use / don't need.

I always thought the whole tempting faith thing was a load of bollix, but now I think it's probably to save the parents dealing with coming home to an empty cot and all if something goes wrong. I'll never buy anything before hand for people again anyway.

I always thought the whole tempting faith thing was a load of bollix, but now I think it's probably to save the parents dealing with coming home to an empty cot and all if something goes wrong. I'll never buy anything before hand for people again anyway.

That's what I've always thought.

yeah, nothing to do with tempting fate, just the idea of dealing with all that stuff if something terrible has happened. just an unneccessary extra dollop of pain.

Still, there's nothing at all wrong about being excited about having a baby and buying a wee little AC/DC babygrow or something when you know you shouldn't but fuck it its cute so you buy it anyway

sayin

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back