Buying a Macbook pro - Irish owned retailers? (1 Viewer)

Basement floor of Arnott's too.

From wiki:
"In July 2010 Arnotts was taken over by Anglo Irish Bank and Ulster Bank due to large outstanding loans on its failed "Northern Quarter" property development."

So yep, Irish owned.

I picked up a 15" 2009 model for 700 earlier this year on adverts. No problems at all with it. Came 8gb ram upgrade too.
edit - sorry you are obviously looking for a new one.

Nattin wrong with a refurb - mostly I would consider them "shopsoiled" rather than refurbished

A bit late to recommend if you're set on bricks & mortar, but the matte screen option is very handy. The default glossy screens are like mirrors if you have any light source behind you.

I've been buying stuff from compub for the company i work for the last year or so. I had to use there service department for the first time in september and again in december. First time wasn't that bad, they did the job and got the mac back to me. The second time was a different story. they installed lion when i said i wanted snow leopard(what was on it when i gave it in). I don't know how they downgraded it but it fucked everything up to the point that the restore discs i got with the computer were not recognised and i was getting mad errors and itunes/iphoto library fucked. It took me two days of researching and downloading custom os builds to get snow leopard reinstalled. when i rang them to complain i got fuck all satisfaction. Because of this i will be using Macstore on the quays from now on. I used to use them a couple of years ago when they were called something else and had no problems and there service lads knew there stuff.

so try Macstore and avoid compub

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back