Buy Nothing Day (1 Viewer)

path

Since 2000
hello

Buy Nothing Day is on November 24th this year. Anyone interested in getting involved in some sort of action should come along to a little meeting of minds in Conways pub on Tuesday November 6th at 8pm.

If you would like to know more background on what this is all about, then please visit
http://www.buynothingday.co.uk/

Some Critical Mass people will be there also to discuss another action in the near future. Please come along if you have been involved with the Critical Mass before.

Conways pub is on Parnell Street. Go to the top of O'Connell Street and take a left. Its about 20 metres down the road, on a corner.

Any queries give me a shout at: [email protected]

regards

I thought it was Friday 23rd...?

Anyway, there's some serious subvertising going down on the night before in various cities all over Ireland, so make sure you go out and do some shit yo'self, hoes.

http://www.adbusters.org/

Cormy (05 Nov, 2001 11:48 a.m.):
I thought it was Friday 23rd...?

Thats in the USA. In Europe its on the 24th.

regards

how about you join me in 'buy nothing for the next three weeks cos yer skint'? i gets paid on the 23. i'm gonna be spending like a maniac.

Hector Grey (05 Nov, 2001 03:45 p.m.):
how about you join me in 'buy nothing for the next three weeks cos yer skint'? i gets paid on the 23. i'm gonna be spending like a maniac.

As long as you make the effort to spend it on ethically sound products, we dont mind. Good on you Hector.

("i dont care if fucking blind kids in a sweatshop beaten down with electric cattle prods made the shit I'm going to buy" or some such...)

regards

ethically sound? whose ethics? yours?
is beer ethically sound?

Hector Grey (06 Nov, 2001 09:15 a.m.):

Yeah ok, if you want, mail me privately and I'll furnish you with some products you could buy and where to get them, and what products you should avoid. I can also forward on some web addresses to you if you want with information on stuff like footwear that isnt produced in sweatshops, and which supports local smaller businesses rather than multinationals.

regards

fuck that nonsense, for I will be in New York on the 23rd, spendin' like a lun-atic

path (06 Nov, 2001 11:24 a.m.):
Hector Grey (06 Nov, 2001 09:15 a.m.):

Yeah ok, if you want, mail me privately and I'll furnish you with some products you could buy and where to get them, and what products you should avoid. I can also forward on some web addresses to you if you want with information on stuff like footwear that isnt produced in sweatshops, and which supports local smaller businesses rather than multinationals.

regards

Fair play mate. But I’m not in need of a political education. I have one. I suffer from ethical insouciance. I’ll leave you with a quote form somewhere… who are you to ask me to question authority.
And with that…pooooffff, he was gone.

Fair play though.

path (31 Oct, 2001 03:07 p.m.):
Buy Nothing Day is on November 24th this year. Anyone interested in getting involved in some sort of action should come along to a little meeting of minds in Conways pub on Tuesday November 6th at 8pm.

Just to remind you thats tonight.

regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back