bush and blair for belfast (1 Viewer)

Arseholes

Yes indeed, looks like Tarzan and his pet ape will be appearing in person in good ole N.I. Apparently they are going to talk about the peace process here while they continue to bomb the fuck out of Baghdad.
I hope there is a riot, I am fuckin there.

Buses

Well Globalise Resistance have got their shit together anyway...buses leave from Liberty Hall at 1.30 pm on Monday. Tickets are 12 euro. Doesn't say when they return. Presumably sometime Tues afternoon as the wankers are expected to have finished their 'peace talks' by then. Any word on GNAW buses anyone? Notice how theres a surge in GR activity since Rory Hearne came back.....??

According to a release by the Belfast Anti-War coalition, theres to be a meeting at 6pm at the Hillborough roundabout on the A1 Belfast-Dublin road. But theres direct action planning and stuff happening in Giro's tonight, i think. Can't remember exactly, its all up on Indymedia. Anyone from Dublin going to this?

Im going on the 'monopolize' resistance bus. For 'I', read 'Lyncher'. Its €12 return and thers still places left. Ph. number is 0877955013 and tell em your on the dole.

Cormcolash

Don't worry, the place was crawling with police and army and the closest we got to Hillsborough Castle was about a mile. And as per usual there were the usual "Okay everyone go home now" arseholes giving orders.
Still, watching the two pro war guys get stuff thrown at them was very funny. In fact there was a lot of very funny stuff, and Belfast Straightedge was on the local UTV News.

It gave the Anti-War movement another chance to divide themselves. Firstly it was tactics in Shannon and NOW it's tactics over who to talk to and who to boycott. Most of the speakers were booed
Some good talkers
Bernadette McAlliskey "Boycott brand America"
Eamon McCann "I was with Mitchell MCLaughlin the day of the Omagh bombing and we were horrified when we heard the news. Well there's an Omagh happening every day in Iraq"
Bernadette "George Bush says he wants the people of Iraq to have the oil. The people of America don't have the wealth from the oil on their land"

The "diversion" on the road was incredible. It added 30 miles to the journey and there was very poor signposting. It seemed like "you're not getting anywhere near Hillsborough. Don't care where you go once George W can't see".

14 Arrested

There were 14 people arrested today in front of Belfast City Hall at an antiwar rally. It was a fucking amazing protest.
Basically, a good lot of people held a sit down protest in the road, and the police arrived in full force. With no warning, police vans started moving forward, and a line riot police came out from behind the vans and started advancing on the protesters, most of whom were just sitting in the road.
The protesters all linked arms and all, and a few of us that had drums stood in front of them and held our ground as the police advanced. The riot police moved past us towards the sitters, and we were grabbed by police behind the riot line, 3 of them carried me off, and we were brought to behind the police vans. When we asked what charge they had, the police had no real answer, apart from "Sitting in the road" which is crap anyway cause we were standing. Then the police started bringing more people behind the lines, some of them were struggling and the police dealing with us moved away to try and subdue them. So the police just started beating the shit out of people, I saw one guy getting held and hit in the head by 5 policemen, I saw women getting dragged off the road by their hair, one schoolkid had 2 policemen sit on top of him with his face to the road and one of them sprained his wrist by twisting too much.
By now the police had left me alone because they wanted to hit anyone who struggled, so I walked back along the pavement to the protest. I could only get to the back of the protest now, but I could still see the police trying to drag people off the road, the protesters were not using violence in any way and the peelers were beating the crap out of people with batons. I was interviewed by numerous parts of the media, including French TV, BBC Radio, and UTV, and the police finally realised that the more violence they used the more we would try to hold the road. The Riot police then drew back, and we cheered like fuck, because that is a real victory, so we organised ourselves and a bunch of us marched round to Musgrave Street police station.
Some police spokesman came out and told us 'several' people had been arrested, we complained about police brutality and he referred us the the ombudsman. We all went round to the ombudsman to launch official complaints, and later on they started releasing people. Make sure to check out the news tonight, I honestly don't see how the police can't look terrible, they were totally over the top and caught red handed by world media, scumbags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back