burning in water, drowning in flame (1 Viewer)

Has no one hear ever read Post Office or Ham and Rye... what about Pulp. Charles Bukowski is a legend in the states... what Bill Burroughs did for heroin and gay sex, Charles did for Alcohol and loose women...

Chuck is a hero of mine...
I will by the Rest ablum purely out of respect for the choice of tital alone...

just got handed a copy of the fully packed, all singing, all dancing new rest album and . . . well folks, it's only fuckin' deadly!!! looks and sounds pretty damn amazing!

way to go lads

really looking forward to the launch

moc said:
here mick oc whats the c stand for???

and i fuckin cant wait for rests album
Ah jaysus now I can hardly go reveal my uber-secret identity now can I? There was a time when one could use the anonymity of the interweb to one's advantage...

I couldn't get to the gig by the way, but heard it was a resounding success. I hope to catch them playing in the Lobby on the 20th or the week after in Cyprus Avenue. Or maybe in June in the Half Moon.

the rest album is indeed very good. wasn't aware it was a bukowski reference though. nice wan. bukowski was the king. he was actually born in germany not poland as stated above, but he lived almost all of his life in america. spent a lot of time as a postman as well. don't think he started writing novels until his 40s. nearly all of bukowski's books centralise on the sometimes hilariously misantrophic henry chinaski, a character who was very loosely based on himself. chinaski even develops as a writer as bukowski gradually gained recognition for his writing in real life. check out post office, ham on rye, factotum or anything else you can find. it's all good shit. he wrote the screenplay to barfly as well. check that out too. one of the best movies ever made where nothin really happens. well, maybe after welcome to the dollhouse. kind of..

bukowski is the fucking king. he is amazing.

this is so funny though - we were gonna call our EP after a bukowski quote. and it was almost identical - "as hands draw fire hearts catch flame" was what we were gonna use!

imagine if we actually had!

Aparently there is some Dublin based indie rock band about to put out an album with a song on it called It Catches My Heart In Its Hands... as you all know is the name of Bukowski's 4th book in '63...

yeah bukowski´s great.

Anybody read his poems yet?? They are a real pain in the ass... you just have to stick with the novels otherwise you risk to get an occlusion just by reading.

btw:
there´s also a tough guy punk band from belgium called Maypole, which released a record called Burning In Water Drowning In Flames just a couple of months ago. But well, they suck !cheezy

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back