Brussel Sprouts (2 Viewers)

Brussel sprouts

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
never stir fried them myself.

we always steam them - usually for about 7 minutes are there about. On Lolo's suggestion i put some sesame oil on them to increase the nuttiness.

we did roast them the other night with cafrrots and sweet potatos...

roasted it is. I'm gonna go with Broken Arm's carrots and sweet potatoes idea too. Any more to add BA? Also, has anyone roasted fennel before? edit: I see online that you can just roast it with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

We just roasted them with olive oil and a bit o salt n pepper.

the only thing is the sweet potatoos won't go crispy because of the other veg.

How could you ever dislike cauliflower? There isn't enough flavour to it to which one coud object.

Boil to fuck and served all watery with a bad cheese sauce did enough to make me vom.

Roasted the little green bastids last night with a load of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Lovely so they were.

Oh man I fucking lurve sprouts.Mill a load of them so I would.
Hell yeah.Sprouts FTW.

hmm, i have been told various things about my sprout-dislike over the year ("you haven't had them really fresh!" "you haven't had them cooked properly/stir-fried/roasted/shredded!") and have really, really tried to like them (eaten them fresh from the garden, eaten them prepared in various "guaranteed tasty" dishes), and still ... meh to bleugh, is my reaction. i'm not sure why, given that i love all other brassicas and am generally a totally non-picky eater (fermented tuna snack? bring it on, japanese waiter!). i suspect there's some chemical in them that i can taste and dislike.

that said, i had a tasty sprout side dish in new york earlier this year, but given that they were roasted with approx 10 tons of garlic, bacon, and parmesan, i suspect i enjoyed the dish in spite of the sprouts rather than because of them.

Roasted the little green bastids last night with a load of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Lovely so they were.

I tried this last night. Much nicer flavour than boiled with a lovely crispy shell.

I didn't get the cooking time/temp quite right.

40/45 mins at 160c next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back