Brussel Sprouts (1 Viewer)

Brussel sprouts

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Big green aids

bak_aidsvir_1.jpg

yeah sauté them in a little butter (sprouts are best slighty hard yeah) and add a bit of chopped up bacon and a few pinenuts.

then you eat 'em innit
roxy said:
anyone have any really top recipes using brussel sprouts?

ETA: Also, is it Brussels (as in the city) sprouts, or Brussel sprouts?
Or Bruxelles Sprouts?

they are little green bombs of goodness.

There should be an extra option for "meh". I would never buy them or cook them myself, but I'll eat them if they turn up on my plate, cause they are very nutritious. They do make you parp, but so most green vegetables.

My boyfriend has never grown out of pretending he's a giant eating cabbages whenever he has sprouts :D

I've totally changed my mind about Brussels sprouts. I had a sprouty epiphany. They are absolutely gorgeous stir-fried in sesame oil. A completely different taste and texture to boiled or steamed. I'll be actively including them on my shopping list from now on.

Still make you parp though.

I've totally changed my mind about Brussels sprouts. I had a sprouty epiphany. They are absolutely gorgeous stir-fried in sesame oil. A completely different taste and texture to boiled or steamed. I'll be actively including them on my shopping list from now on.

Still make you parp though.
We did this too. Nicest Christmas dinner ever.

Right. Got a fairly large bag of them in the veg delivery this week, so I need to think how to approach them. I've made a vow that I'll attempt to use all of the goods we get, even if I don't think I like them. I say think, because most of my vegetable hang ups go back to when I was given horrid boiled to fuck veggies as a kid. I've long since made friends with broccoli and cabbage, and I'm even on speaking terms with cauliflower these days. What's the best way to reintroduce myself to humble sprout? I'm thinking the stir fried with sesame oil idea might be the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back