Braindead (Germania),Ghundi,Stantons Grave - Freds,Cork 23/Nov/08 (1 Viewer)

mmm freds is grand but the sound in the whiskey is better i reckon. anywho i like small, tiny venues. It makes things far more interesting. .|..|

I reckon Freds would be pretty mental alright if there where more large portions of lunacy being served all round. But people in cork seem to be pretty bad for doing the whole chinscratching pocket moshing.:)

I considered posting yesterday, but figured I'd wait a day until the cobwebs cleared out. I'm still a little fuzzy round the edges though...
Thanks a million to everyone for turning up (and actually cheering for us). I reckon I need to do some serious work on the whole stage-presence/banter thing - then our sets mightn't be so short.
Big thanks go to Kollin for asking us to play, even though ye then proceeded to blow us completely off the stage. This was my first time seeing Ghundi play - fuckin amazing. Oh, and sorry for turning up late with all the gear, it was one of those days...
I actually liked Braindead, but then I'm a big fan of Capdown, who they kinda reminded me of.
Oh, and on the whole new stage thing, I kinda miss playing on the floor in the crowd, but I guess a small floorspace might serve to make a small crowd look bigger. That said, I don't think I opened my eyes enough to see how many people were standing in front of me...

El Bastardo october, 2 years ago was the maddest shit i've ever seen at an irish gig

was that the women getting punched, microphones stands thrown, glass smashed off the roof and floor or am I mixing it up with the paddy's day gig they did? *

I've seen some serious carnage over the years in Freds...maybe yer just going to the wrong gigs :)

*el bastardo weren't the ones doing all the damge :)

was that the women getting punched, microphones stands thrown, glass smashed off the roof and floor or am I mixing it up with the paddy's day gig they did? *

I've seen some serious carnage over the years in Freds...maybe yer just going to the wrong gigs :)

*el bastardo weren't the ones doing all the damge :)

yeah, that's the one

not to mention the catharsis/newborn gig years ago...heh

Yeh, your man from Catharsis taking a piss in the corner of The Temple gig area was a
watershed moment for the crusty anarcho kids here.
It was an honest attempt at heartfelt direct action putting us all on a glorious shining
path to emancipation and will be remembered as such.
Also, bagels and trainhopping.
In fairness the drummer knocked out the drummer from Whitesnake, and thereby
redeeming every single member of Crimethinc.

_MG_4988.jpg

Eoin looks so fucking happy in the above pic.

sinead035.jpg

816674836a3595450076b72685265l.jpg

_MG_5029.jpg

_MG_5030.jpg

_MG_5031.jpg

_MG_5034.jpg

_MG_4989.jpg

Picture021.jpg

_MG_3594.jpg

_MG_4891.jpg

_MG_4884.jpg

pic-1.jpg

SA400423.jpg

ahem...

most pics by Tanja.
Loads more of mad nights in Freds!!!

Hey guys, I just got a message off Braindead this morning. Apparently they left some gear behind after the gig on Sunday, although myself and Eoin cleared the place out on monday and didn't find anything (we'll check again this evening though). The list they gave me was:

a small Behringer mixing desk (2 XLR inputs, at least 6 channels)
a Shure SM57 microphone
a white triple Voltage plugbox for european connectors
and some cables.

They reckon it should all have been in a bag together, like I said I don't remember seeing anything left on monday. Just thought I'd post here in case anyone else saw stuff lying around after the place cleared out on sunday night?

Hey guys, I just got a message off Braindead this morning. Apparently they left some gear behind after the gig on Sunday, although myself and Eoin cleared the place out on monday and didn't find anything (we'll check again this evening though). The list they gave me was:

a small Behringer mixing desk (2 XLR inputs, at least 6 channels)
a Shure SM57 microphone
a white triple Voltage plugbox for european connectors
and some cables.

They reckon it should all have been in a bag together, like I said I don't remember seeing anything left on monday. Just thought I'd post here in case anyone else saw stuff lying around after the place cleared out on sunday night?

Didn't come across any of that stuff I'm afraid...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back