BOXYGEN, Friday August 20, Joe Lee's, Tullamore (1 Viewer)

Buckrake

Branchy Tree presents:

BOXYGEN 2004

The Friday night before the Mor Festival (August 20) there will be a gig in Joe Lee's, Tullamore, starring:

BOXES: Local rotters playing in the pub their drummer's mammy drinks tea in each Wednesday night for the last few decades.

UNITED BIBLE STUDIES: Excellent improv-flugel horn-sean nós debacle.

REST: Hotly-tipped Cork instrumental chaps.

More details to follow, but basically, gig will be outdoor in covered beer garden, anybody who is down on the Friday night, stick yisser heads in...

hag said:
you'd better play really really loud, that's all i'm saying.

Hmmm. Seems Giraffe Running are going to try to sabotage the gig by showing up at the back gate of Joe Lee's with a generator and playing louder than us.

However would we stop that happening????? That's all I'm saying.

Buckrake said:
Hmmm. Seems Giraffe Running are going to try to sabotage the gig by showing up at the back gate of Joe Lee's with a generator and playing louder than us.

However would we stop that happening????? That's all I'm saying.
ha ha ha. that was a decoy. telling me what i already told you solves nothing, bigbuoy.

Ok. so why should it be 'really, really' loud?

this better be good...

A gig in a beer garden? Sounds heavenly.

In the other thread, did we sort out where people could pitch their tents for the Friday night (since we can only setup in the castle grounds on Saturday)? I'd love to come down early.

eoinOT said:
A gig in a beer garden? Sounds heavenly.

In the other thread, did we sort out where people could pitch their tents for the Friday night (since we can only setup in the castle grounds on Saturday)? I'd love to come down early.

I'm not sure about this year, but I know that last year it was only performers/helpers who were allowed camp on the Friday night...

There isn't a public camp site in Tullamore...

Buckrake said:
I'm not sure about this year, but I know that last year it was only performers/helpers who were allowed camp on the Friday night...

Hmm.. I'll see if I can find any area B&Bs that aren't booked out for that evening. Presumably there will be a lot of people in town since the Phoenix Festival is happening.

eoinOT said:
Hmm.. I'll see if I can find any area B&Bs that aren't booked out for that evening. Presumably there will be a lot of people in town since the Phoenix Festival is happening.

Eh, I don't know really - I'd say it's probably not the type of thing that people travel to.. it's just like any small town summer festival. Bands playing in the town square on the back of a lorry, bar extensions, face painting, bunting.. that type of thing.

You shouldn't have too much trouble. The words 'Tourism' and 'Tullamore' have never appeared in a sentence together before this one.

is that joe lee place anything to do with the distinguished Irish historian (professor) joe lee??? Probably not i suspect unfortunately.

Anyway, you can also catch rest on friday at the ballroom hooley and back down in cork on sunday with cat on form in the cyprus ave.

succulent new website at www.restgopop.com also worth an ol visit.

Ciarán R said:
is that joe lee place anything to do with the distinguished Irish historian (professor) joe lee???

No relation, as far as I am aware, but his wife is a first cousin of Ray Lynam, of Ray Lynam and the Hillbillies fame. (70s Country 'N' Irish showband, kids).

When I was a kid my dad was a big Dolly Parton fan so her song 'Jolene' was played often in our house. I thought it was called 'Joe Lee' and was about the aforementioned Tullamore publican/accordian virtuoso.... :rolleyes:

Buckrake said:

there is one a short drive away tho, in some wee village, I stayed there last year on sunday night. nice enough spot, but the lady who runs the place never shuts up...

phoenix festival tullamore presents quality entertainment like this...

Aussie Nirvana, Metallitia and mr. Brownstone sat august 21 for 20 euro and David Kitt on sunday for 20 euro

and cos i love you all try this...
Green Gables Caravan And Camping Park
Geashill
Tullamore
Co. Offaly

if it doesn't work out, sorry...

Tel:0506 43760
Fax:0506 43760

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back