Bored in Work 994 (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 20
  • Views 1K
  • Watchers 1
I'd go and do a whole lecture on how there shouldn't be a space between the last word of an interrogative sentence and the question mark, whether they want me to or not. No amount of tribal drumming or chanting would drown me out .!

Really though, mens mental health is very important, for reasons that I'm sure we all know about.
Does Mens Sheds exist in Ireland?
Link: Home -
It sounds like a laugh. Whittling with the lads or whatever.

Last edited:
yeah, mens sheds are fairly well established here AFAIK.
A few of my friends are involved in Men's Shed. I asked one who was the local contact did he ever get phone calls asking why there wasn't a similar project for women?
He said they made up the majority of the calls he received.
There was usually lots of women orientated groups but a lack of men's ones hence the Men's Shed idea
Personally I'm no good with my hands and I am not into it but it's very successful locally.

Strangely enough I did look at a course on mental health first aid and an addiction and recovery workshop. Bad title, it's about identifying addicts and recovering addicts at your work and knowing if they're up or down or whatever, rather than just assuming they're shit at their job, or shit at booze/drugs, or both. I get a discount through the union. Really would've rather done the pyrotechnics course, but I missed out on that. I guess this kinda shit is in my head lately.

Soz. I'll try to find some video of a cat driving a car in Russia or something.

Strangely enough I did look at a course on mental health first aid and an addiction and recovery workshop. Bad title, it's about identifying addicts and recovering addicts at your work and knowing if they're up or down or whatever, rather than just assuming they're shit at their job, or shit at booze/drugs, or both. I get a discount through the union. Really would've rather done the pyrotechnics course, but I missed out on that. I guess this kinda shit is in my head lately.

Soz. I'll try to find some video of a cat driving a car in Russia or something.

where's this video?

A few of my friends are involved in Men's Shed. I asked one who was the local contact did he ever get phone calls asking why there wasn't a similar project for women?
He said they made up the majority of the calls he received.
There was usually lots of women orientated groups but a lack of men's ones hence the Men's Shed idea
Personally I'm no good with my hands and I am not into it but it's very successful locally.

I know some of the rural mens sheds in the north west just take women because they are small communities and dont want to set people aside.

I did a sorta module on these things at school and the baseline idea is that men, when given a common task communicate better than they normally do - while a lot of women will actually just call each other and talk, men need a subplot.

I saw the joke video before searching for the actual ad. I kinda liked the original in an arty and technical way. It's not as bad as the spoof makes it seem. Watch in whatever order you choose...

Original ad:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Spoofy thing:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Those Xmas designer perfume adverts ALWAYS look like piss takes to me especially one with Johnny Depp.
They are so clichéd and head up their own arses.
What kind of twit buys perfume or deodorant anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back