Bored In Work 614 (1 Viewer)

Grime is good. A city with no grime is a dead place to be (hello Geneva!). Dublin is a far cry from being shitty. I can't imagine living anywhere else in the world apart from maybe Venice. When I run out of things to do, people to talk to and places to go, maybe I'll be sick of Dublin but the pros more than outweigh the cons.

Grime is good. A city with no grime is a dead place to be (hello Geneva!). Dublin is a far cry from being shitty. I can't imagine living anywhere else in the world apart from maybe Venice. When I run out of things to do, people to talk to and places to go, maybe I'll be sick of Dublin but the pros more than outweigh the cons.

It's expensive as all heck, rains a hell of a lot and is intermittently extremely violent.
It's great in the sun though.

It's expensive as all heck, rains a hell of a lot and is intermittently extremely violent.
It's great in the sun though.

It is expensive but to me, it's worth the money. Rain is fine, I can afford a rain jacket and my skin is mostly waterproof. The rain in Brazil last month was far worse. We don't get mad extremes of weather, even the UK gets a far rougher time than us in recent years.

I've never been a victim of violence in Dublin (been bottled elsewhere) and what I've witnessed in town has been no worse, if not a lot better, than in other cities in the world on short visits (armed standoff in New York between police and man in a Burger King, a man being attached and bundled into the back of a car in Gdansk, fights in the streets of Boston, Berlin, Florence and across the UK, etc.). There's violence wherever people are and Dublin/Ireland isn't that bad if you actually look at the stats (i.e. all of Ireland vs. most American cities). It's just you know the locales better and it's always unusual enough to be worth reporting on the national news. Imagine if BBC news reported every aggravated assault in London alone?

I don't think availability of rain jackets is my point. Not having a summer to look forward to beyond a few days here or there is dispiriting.

I have no idea what stats I should be looking at, but man, you are a violence magnet. Do you work for Vice?
Of all the places I've lived, Dublin is the place where I feel the rule of law is in most loose effect. All perception though, I guess.

yeah the weather is better overall and you can drink outside anywhere in the summer

Great museums. Some great pubs (the fucking fruit machines though).
So so so fucking spread out though. It's like LA. An hour to get anywhere.
And also, full of English people, obviously.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

faaaaaakkkkeeee. total set up.

if that's anything like my samsung tv, there are supposed to be four m5 bolts holding the screen to the stand - why would it fall apart like that on the way down, before it's hit anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back