Bored in Work 295 (3 Viewers)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7243240.stm
Four US sheriff's deputies have been suspended after deliberately dumping a quadriplegic man out of his wheelchair to search him, officials have said.

The surveillance video, released by the sheriff's office, shows Dep Jones walk behind Mr Sterner's chair and tip it forwards until he falls to the hard floor below.
Unable to brace his fall, Mr Sterner lands heavily and rolls onto his back, at which point Dep Jones starts searching his pockets.
A fellow officer joins her, helping to roll Mr Sterner over and search his back pockets.

Its almost as if... there was some kind of pattern here.

YouTube - Olbermann 11/5 - Dan Levin Waterboarded - Giuliani Worst

skip to 2 minutes in (although the first 2 minutes are funny)

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=448717
To determine whether waterboarding is an acceptable interrogation technique or torture I must research it an then undergo it myself. Once I have done this, Elucidator Diogenes Tomndeb and all the rest of those liberal scum (no offense intended) must accept my now accept my now expert opinion.
Seriously, I determined to give this a try, see how bad it was: Settle the debate authoritatively. Torture, or not?

It seems that there is a point that is hardwired in us. When we draw water into our respiratory tract to this point we are no longer in control. All hell breaks loose. Instinct tells us we are dying.

I have never been more panicked in my whole life. Once your lungs are empty and collapsed and they start to draw fluid it is simply all over. You know you are dead and it's too late. Involuntary and total panic.

There is absolutely nothing you can do about it. It would be like telling you not to blink while I stuck a hot needle in your eye.

At the time my lungs emptied and I began to draw water, I would have sold my children to escape. There was no choice, or chance, and willpower was not involved.

I never felt anything like it, and this was self-inflicted with a watering can, where I was in total control and never in any danger.

And I understood.

Waterboarding gets you to the point where you draw water up your respiratory tract triggering the drowning reflex. Once that happens, it's all over. No question.

Some may go easy without a rag, some may need a rag, some may need saran wrap.

Once you are there it's all over.

I didn't allow anybody else to try it on me. Inconceivable. I know I only got the barest taste of what it's about since I was in control, and not restrained and controlling the flow of water.

But there's no chance. No chance at all.

So, is it torture?

I'll put it this way. If I had the choice of being waterboarded by a third party or having my fingers smashed one at a time by a sledgehammer, I'd take the fingers, no question.

It's horrible, terrible, inhuman torture. I can hardly imagine worse. I'd prefer permanent damage and disability to experiencing it again. I'd give up anything, say anything, do anything.

The Spanish Inquisition knew this. It was one of their favorite methods.
It's torture. No question. Terrible terrible torture. To experience it and understand it and then do it to another human being is to leave the realm of sanity and humanity forever. No question in my mind.

cosen0.jpg

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/UT_BLACK_BABY_UTOL-?SITE=CODEN&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- A West Jordan senator has apologized for comments he made during debate over a bill yesterday that some of his colleagues perceived as racist.
Republican Sen. Chris Buttars compared Senate Bill 48, which addresses equalizing school construction funds, to a black baby, calling it "a dark, ugly thing."
Buttars says he didn't intend for his comments to be interpreted as racist and that he felt bad afterward.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

anyone ever see "perfect" with john travolta and jamie lee curtis? funniest scene ever:

Episode of Boon anyone? As a kid, why did I want to stay up past my bedtime to watch this show?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back