Bored In Work 200 (1 Viewer)

4d_1_sbl.JPG

http://www.itn.co.uk/news/index_1776713.html

Tom 'to eat afterbirth'
11.55AM, Tue Apr 18 2006
Sofa leaping father-to-be Tom Cruise has revealed his latest bizarre plan - to eat Katie Holmes' placenta.
In an admission which seems to prove Cruise desperate to stay in the headlines, the Mission Impossible star has apparently vowed to eat Katie's placenta straight after she has given birth as he believes it will be very nutritious.
The admission is just the latest in a long line of crazy outbursts which Tom has appeared adamant to shock the world with.
Just days ago the star completely backtracked on comments he had made, saying that Katie would have to give birth in complete silence and that she should not scream.
Surprising as it may seem, Tom is not the only person to have odd placenta wishes- after the birth, some women take a piece of paper and lay the placenta on it and later frame it and hang it on the wall!
Eating the placenta, placentophagia, is practised in many parts of the world- famously back in 1998, a British television chef fried it and served it to all of his guests!
Showbiz couple Rod Stewart and wife Penny Lancaster took home their baby's placenta and buried it in the garden.
The act may appear odd to many, but it is believed eating the placenta helps avoid postnatal depression and is deemed as normal in many cultures.

Man trades paper clip for house
A Canadian man who set out to trade a paper clip to get a house says he is coming close to achieving his dream. After a year of swapping items on the internet, Kyle MacDonald, 26, has been offered a year in a house in Phoenix, Arizona, rent-free.
Mr MacDonald, who lives in Montreal, initially exchanged his paper clip for a fish-shaped pen.
A series of trades ensued till the latest deal to exchange the Phoenix house for a music contract.
On his blog dated Tuesday, he writes: "Today I'm flying to Phoenix to meet up with [singer] Jody Gnant and make the official trade of the recording contract for the year's worth of rent in Phoenix.
"I'll decide what my next move will be later this week. Things are definitely heating up. I better remember to pack shorts."
Barter power
Mr MacDonald originally swapped the pen for a ceramic doorknob, which he in turn traded for a camping stove.
This was followed by a generator, bartered for an "instant party package": an empty beer keg, a neon Budweiser sign and a promise to fill the keg - offered by a man in New York.
The beer package went to a Montreal DJ, in exchange for a snowmobile.
Interviewed on Canadian TV, Mr MacDonald was then asked if there was anywhere he would not go to trade the snowmobile.
He said he was prepared to travel to Yahk, a hamlet in the Canadian Rockies. A snowmobiling magazine offered the trip to Yahk in exchange for the snowmobile.
This was traded for a white van, which was used to secure a recording contract which in turn led to the offer of free accommodation in Phoenix.
But Mr MacDonald is not taking his eyes off the big prize: "I'm going to keep trading for bigger or better things until I get a house."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4918184.stm

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back