Bored in Work 179 (2 Viewers)

God Lance Armstrong was a hottie as a kid!!
sub_12461.jpg

Latex lizzie said:
the hippy in me likes this idea a lot.

would the hippy in you consider other options for dealing with waste instead of recycling or composting? sure it's only encouraging use to make/waste more. like incinerators.

pete - can we have a emoticon for a smarmy-self-satisfied-greener-than-thou prick like me

Latex lizzie said:
heh heh. I've even started using that ecover washing up liquid and clothes stuff. It's good gear. all natural like.

and my new house i made out of thinly sliced activists covered in turf.

So do I.

but alas. Ecover has been taken over by the same guy who owns Group 4 security and if you have issues with private prisons (inc Australian immigration detention centres) you may want to use something like this http://www.biodegradable.biz/

seriously though, don't listen to a word i say.

I'm more of the opinion that if everyone did a little bit, that it would amount to a whole lot and therefore companies might be a bit more responsible kinda theory. I used products that are really good at the job i want to do and have no ecofriendly replacement sometimes, I feel bad about it for about 30 seconds and then continue to use it. I make sacrifices elsewhere when I can.My clothes dont smell like an alpine mountain or whatever anymore since I started using that washing powder..they get get clean and dont smell so that's ok by me. Originally I was like..hang on these dont smell clean because there was no detergenty smell off them, then you realise that your clothes dont have to smell liek that to be washed and clean. Mad. I thought a lot about this. More than I should prolly.

Latex lizzie said:
Mad. I thought a lot about this. More than I should prolly.

he. well I haven't used those types of detergents in years because I am allergic to lots the chemicals in them. and they kill the fishes see.

Lizzie, where do you get the Ecover stuff?

Having a deko around those websites really sets off the scab in me. £37 Sterling for a bag of washing powder is a bit too much. Until these companies can somehow charge reasonable prices not many people are going to convert.

spiritualtramp said:
Lizzie, where do you get the Ecover stuff?

Having a deko around those websites really sets off the scab in me. £37 Sterling for a bag of washing powder is a bit too much. Until these companies can somehow charge reasonable prices not many people are going to convert.

most health food shops do it now. I live in celbridge, and they do it (it's quite cheap too €4 or five euros will do you for about 2 weeks for two people I guess. the blanch centre has a health food shop that does them too, so If you have a sniff around town you should find them handy enough.

Latex lizzie said:
most health food shops do it now. I live in celbridge, and they do it (it's quite cheap too €4 or five euros will do you for about 2 weeks for two people I guess. the blanch centre has a health food shop that does them too, so If you have a sniff around town you should find them handy enough.

some health food shops (rathmines) do refills. and you get a reduced rate.

well you used to so don't quote me on that. right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back