Bored in Work 138 (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 78
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 4
took me 2 hours to drive home last night.
1 hour 20 minutes from Sydney Parade level crossing to the toll bridge

and do you wanna know why?

FUCKING WESTLIFE CONCERT IN THE POINT

I swear to god if I had seen them outside signing autographs or something I would have run them over. no shit. I would have.

On again tonight. Im gonna have to skive off early or else drive through town

FIGHTING AT MIDNIGHT SALE
x.gif

A midnight sale to mark the opening of an Ikea furniture superstore has degenerated into chaos and violence.

Up to 6,000 people converged on Ikea's newest and biggest branch in Edmonton, north London, many abandoning their cars and walking after traffic ground to a standstill.

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1170489,00.html

P. Littbarski said:
FIGHTING AT MIDNIGHT SALE
x.gif

A midnight sale to mark the opening of an Ikea furniture superstore has degenerated into chaos and violence.

Up to 6,000 people converged on Ikea's newest and biggest branch in Edmonton, north London, many abandoning their cars and walking after traffic ground to a standstill.

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1170489,00.html

that was a bad ikea...:)

Wavioli said:
hearing the voices again liam?
wink.gif
No, I was brought up sharp to the fact that my comment could be construed stereotyped against the kind of knackers you find hanging around shopping centres in Ballymun. Which of course is patently untrue. You get those kind of knackers hanging around shopping centres everywhere throughout the country, liberating shopping trolleys, drinking cider and generally wearing tracksuits in a manner likely to cause offense to persons of a cultured and refined nature.

the post appeared to refer to ballymun specifically as a place where you would get mugged on your way out of somewhere.

it's a lazy stereotype blah blah blah.

sorry, i don't want to give some p.c.-type rant here. (i mean, i live in dublin 4, for fucks sake, it's hardly like i was personally being maligned.)

i just happen to know people who work in arts groups in ballymun, and they struggle constantly against the apathy and indifference that the stereotypes end up fostering.

um, sayin.

can everyone talk about other things now? thanks. here, a bored-in-work link: man charged in 'female athlete' scam.

from a site Latex Lizzie posted:

Saved@29 said:
So I was thinking today of how cool it would be to have laptop ports & WI-FI access available at church during the sermon. I mean think about this you could take notes on your laptop & look up bible references so much faster if you were plugged right into the church network. I think we should be encouraging as Christians our churches to embrace some of the most cutting edge technology available. This has nothing to do with getting the word of God out to people I know that’s what really important here. I'm just speaking from a church/fellowship perspective. I for one would LOVE to see some of these churches looking into huge plasma screens with 7.1 surround sound systems. Also the ability to plug your laptop right in at the church bench and take notes or look up verses very quickly.....LOL Maybe it’s just us Gen X kids that must be filled with media 24/7….lol…..Just a thought!

BTW: I know a few of you out there technology bashers and hate the idea of having this entire cool tech around...so you’re already spoken for……I don’t mean to be mean.
http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=187142

B0000648ZR.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

westgay aren't playing the point tonight so I should be able to get home in resonable time.

be warned theyr'e on next tuesday/wed again.

so don your humandeath bumper knives for some run-over-on-sight action on spotting any band member

FancyGoods said:
took me 2 hours to drive home last night.
1 hour 20 minutes from Sydney Parade level crossing to the toll bridge

and do you wanna know why?

FUCKING WESTLIFE CONCERT IN THE POINT

I swear to god if I had seen them outside signing autographs or something I would have run them over. no shit. I would have.

On again tonight. Im gonna have to skive off early or else drive through town

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back