Bored in Work 122 (2 Viewers)

sp4200.jpg

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10/18/news_6110764.html
Days after last week's Rumor Control brought news that Half-Life 2 had gone gold and was being sent off to Vivendi Universal for approval and manufacturing, the publisher confirmed that the game has gone gold and announced, finally, its release date: November 16.
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

pete said:
fuckin fuckin a

whens it out on steam? i have 5.4Gb of half life 2 files sitting here begging to be unlocked
Same day.
Someone in work pointed me to something that lets you look through some of the data files loaded by Steam. But since there's such a small wait - why even ruin that tiny bit?

THRILLHO said:
Same day.
Someone in work pointed me to something that lets you look through some of the data files loaded by Steam. But since there's such a small wait - why even ruin that tiny bit?
same day sucks... but i can wait. better book a couple of days off work.

not surprising VU didn't mention Steam at all in their press release since it cuts them out of the picture.... being in the middle of a court case with Valve probably doesn't help either.

Gong Farmer said:
Here's a band from the States to check out:
http://www.myrobotfriend.com/

There ye go!

Bill
hee hee i like this:D
that jer bear song reminds me a bit of some optiganally yours songs (minus the optigans)
and he also reminds me of this guy.......

http://www.boblog111.com/index.html

i like his song "boob scotch"
i think i played with this guy years ago, he's really funny.

pete said:
same day sucks... but i can wait. better book a couple of days off work.

not surprising VU didn't mention Steam at all in their press release since it cuts them out of the picture.... being in the middle of a court case with Valve probably doesn't help either.
here whats steam?

Would I be right to assume that HL 2 is gonna require a big fat ass computer to play a la far cry?

It won't need an amazing PC. It was pretty much ready to be released (depending on who you listen to) this time last year, and even then, it didn't need a monster of a PC. I think the minimum advertised specs is a 1.6GHz PC, with 256MB of RAM. Although to play it in "lush" mode, you'll probably need double both of these figures.

The only way I'll be able to play it at home is on the XBox port, which is looking lovely. C'mon XBox port.

SadieOutlaw said:
hee hee i like this:D
that jer bear song reminds me a bit of some optiganally yours songs (minus the optigans)
and he also reminds me of this guy.......

http://www.boblog111.com/index.html

i like his song "boob scotch"
i think i played with this guy years ago, he's really funny.
ha ha, i put on bog log in the village around a year or so ago... with the lonesome organist and nina nastasia. bob log is cool, he's like everything is "waaaaay cooooool", he looks and sounds like he just stepped off a beach in california or something... lonesome organist stole that show though... what a dude.

Wavioli said:
Ok, I was following you right up to the last word there...

NDA'd??

That steam yoke looks pretty fresh though.
NDA = non disclosure agreement

some people that post here may or may not work for Havok, the company that wrote the physics engine for Half Life 2. They may or may not have seen it first hand and / or may or may not have played it and may or may not have information that they may or may not disclose publicly, subject to the terms of an NDA.

possibly.

pete said:
NDA = non disclosure agreement

some people that post here may or may not work for Havok, the company that wrote the physics engine for Half Life 2. They may or may not have seen it first hand and / or may or may not have played it and may or may not have information that they may or may not disclose publicly, subject to the terms of an NDA.

possibly.
Oh right, I was thinkin it was a more techy type thing you were goin on about...

Ive seen a few scenes on the telly, it looks hella processor-heavy, but i guess the levels wont be as huge and wide-open as far cry, so hopefully itll be grand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back