Bored in Work 1011 (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I’m old enough to remember seeing teddy boys in town when I was a kid. They might as well have been from ancient history. It’s mad when you think that the modern day retro equivalent is ~1996….

I’m old enough to remember seeing teddy boys in town when I was a kid. They might as well have been from ancient history. It’s mad when you think that the modern day retro equivalent is ~1996….
I got to know the 80s Dublin teds and rockabillies when I joined a rockabilly band. Most are still into the scene, those who can still sport quiffs.

The colour of those fashions is really cool. I was looking at a house renovation thing a while ago and they were stripping paint. in this mad posh looking house they kept finding pink and denying it would ever had been pink. The lighting would have been a few gas lamps, followed by maybe one crappy lightbulb so i kinda thought pinks would have come up as very calm colouring in that low light. The rockabillys woulda been going to venues that woulda had loads of light as a feature of opulence of the time, so super bright contrasts woulda been the way to stand out. I think anywhooo.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back